Author Topic: G40 Rally...Post script  (Read 17625 times)

Offline G-fortified

• Members
G40 Rally...Post script
« on: August 09, 2009, 10:15:35 am »
Hi all.

Just a brief message to say a big thank-you to everybody we met and shared the afternoon with yesterday. It is a bit daunting turning up for an occasion when you don't know anybody, but after initial introductions the nerves were settled and the afternoon turned out to be a brilliant event. Fantastic weather and well planned (scenic and interesting !) route and a dozen G's (slightly) tear-arseing around Derbyshire. The guys helped me enormously with the car, which performed better on the way home than on the journey out, and we returned home more knowledgeable than when we started. I am extremely grateful for you spending your time, expertise and knowledge (even though a bit went over the head !) with  me. All in all a great afternoon that eveyone should try to attend if it happens again next year. Extremely nice people to be with.

Cheers gentlemen. ;D

Rob+Caroline and Bo
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:18:07 am by G-fortified »

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: G40 Rally...Post script
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 11:09:50 am »
Robin it was a pleasure meeting you! We are at tatton park now. Any questions about your g40 give us a shout and don't forget the rolling road even if it's just turning up for a bit banter! Dan.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 04:59:42 pm »
i just got back, i had a really great time and it was nice to meet most of you for the first time.
i'm absolutely worn out now, thankyou all.
cheers Tom

Offline chris2911

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:00:26 pm »
fantastic weekend think i can vouch for everyone thant we all enjoyed it and also meeting new people.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »
a great weekend, cheers everyone for turning up.  Nice to meet some new faces too.  8)

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 06:15:01 pm »
Yes as said above, cheers to everyone for turning up and making it a success. Again, brilliant to see some new faces too. I am so tired now, I will properly sleep tonight! Will try and get the pictures I've taken up in a bit.

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 08:33:21 pm »
I AM Gooooooooosed

Offline hollypop

• Members
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »
Hello All, Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Thanks for a fab weekend, thought I'd share a few of my pics.

If anyone would like the high quailty photos just let me know.

Holly :)

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »
immense holly! the fiddle a cat lol raods were immense!  loved how almost everyones brakes stunk afterwards!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:56:18 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:20 pm »
I'll add my pictures up now. Most are the same as Holly's but I'll whack em up anyway before I collapse into my bed!

How the day started on Saturday.

Group shots.

Campsite this morning,

At the end of the cat and fiddle. The smell of hot rubber and brakes filled the air!

A few pics of the stand,

And where the Sunday ended!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:50:45 pm by SamG40 »

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:12:48 pm »
Crackin weekend, highlight deffo the Cat & Fiddle road in the good weather 8) Haysey couldn't wait to give it somes beans on there, starts at the rear and finished in pole :D

Offline neil_dubgt

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 10:14:47 pm »
great pics dudes, Looked like a good weekend

Must be the most G40's av seen in one place lol

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »
Crackin weekend, highlight deffo the Cat & Fiddle road in the good weather 8) Haysey couldn't wait to give it somes beans on there, starts at the rear and finished in pole :D

He bloody didnt, he couldnt get around me!! :D Couldnt get past due to my superior driving skills you see.  ;)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 09:32:02 am »

He bloody didnt, he couldnt get around me!! :D Couldnt get past due to my superior driving skills you see.  ;)

haha, I was happy just to catch you up, you had a fair old head start. Had pretty much ran out of road when I caught up.  It looked like you were having fun sliding round corners though.

Good to meet you too rae, we have met a couple of times briefly in the past.  Good to meet holly too.

Also good to properly meet supercharged-spaniel, aka Dan.  He pretty much kept us all entertained all evening in the boozer with his tales of debauchery.  

Plus good to meet lots of other people.  Including Tom who I didn't really realise was tom-tds-yorks until sunday!

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 10:26:39 am »
truth is Pete is a beast..

it was really good to get to meet everyone, like already said people i hadnt or we hadnt met..im still a bit stumped for some of the names though.  nice to meet hayesey properly and you and your missus Rae, and Pete the beast, Sam and Nick once again...ill defo be there next year too
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:29:06 am by supercharged spaniel »