Author Topic: diagnostic reader help  (Read 23192 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Re: diagnostic reader help
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2018, 09:48:15 pm »
Mate I’ve just had a read of your post I feel for you.soinds like we’ve had same issues.mine only seems to be co pot now it now has 2.94v going to it and seems to be running better and now finally have 12v going to the heater on the lamba sensor.but it’s been one hell of a struggle to get there.and it seems bleeding the fuel rail helped no end.still not happy with timing even though it’s finally sitting on the z mark im about there I think.but I hope your finally getting there with yours now.

Offline steveo3002

• Members
  • 91 golf g60 , 89 gti 16v , 88 breadvan
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2018, 03:06:43 pm »
i *think*  i might have sorted it

had all my meters set up and tinkering around in the bay while the readouts settled , i happend to wiggle the injectors , now its idling fine with a normal exh note and good readouts on the emissions with the afm close to standard   

so guessing an o ring wasnt seated, not sure how its played up for so long , its had 3 seperate sets in it , manifold off at least twice ,sprayed carb cleaned around em, unless its coincidence and ive touched something else , but it did point towards an airleak all along

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2019, 08:50:21 pm »
WOW YEHAAAAA! :-D x 10^6 Glad you've got a working machine again!
All that messing you'd have thought might have moved something previously!  Maybe a combination of the many.!
I am glad.
Both mine and Matt's seemed to cure themselves with some unknown knock of something, I still blame crunchy wiring on mine!! They both stopped working properly on their own too..

Mine was running seemingly perfectly up to last week and then stopped running today! It had an antifreeze-change last week so I started it today to check, it ran for 10 mins then backfired a bit then stopped and won't fire up again.

I am thinking there is too much more water coming out of the exhaust when I leave it standing a while, I think it is leaking coolant into a bore, if it is I'll have to fix it... Sticking the scope down it might show more, maybe next time it's above 15 degrees outside. That's if it doesn't drip out when I take the spark-plug out! It can't be much, it runs OK normally, but I wouldn't trust it under load.

I'll PM you, things've changed a bit.
NEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 12:20:31 am »
Started the car up to warm the water up before changing it... It's not been started for ages, I expected quite a it of water to come out because it was cold but it was like a vape, massive clouds of steam and quite a spray from the exhaust, then it cleared, sound...

Took the water out, left overnight, put new in, started, not a drip...
Left it 2 weeks, started it, massive cloud, ran for a bit, then started backfiring I think out the inlet, it wouldn't rev, then died, and just won't start again (or for the half hour I tried)

'Think there might be water in the petrol-tank? Should it even be a consideration? It has sat for 10 years, could that be the problem?

I'm away for a bit soon so it matters not, but it will when the sun comes out...
Greetz
NEAL :-)