Author Topic: Trabant G40  (Read 30379 times)

Offline Hunor

• Members
Re: Trabant G40
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2015, 08:37:28 pm »
I didn't thouched the throttle body, it is exactly as in the g40 I didn't disassembled it. Could it be the problem that the injectors, the 250cc  has 12 ohm resistance, and the green g60 injectors have 15.9? Could this lead to to much fuel, which leads to the high CO? If I put the 200cc injectors back, I get an idle betven 1500-2000 rpm or in other case an idle at start at 1500 rpm then it fluctuates betven 1500-500, then dies... I dont know what to do...

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2015, 07:19:46 am »
You'd do well to fit Bosch EV1 style injectors, such as G60 'greens'.

I think there's another problem though - run through the Digifant diagnostic guide on here.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2016, 05:48:23 pm »
Hello guys, it's been a long time that I didn't wrote here, so now I have some catching up to do. In the first place I fixed the injector problem, it was the resistence, now that I changed them to the G60 'green' ones it's better. A nother problem was the fuel filter, it was too small and the fuel line, I changed the the filter to one from a Golf 3 VR6, and repositioned the fuel line. But the engine still idles between 900-1200rpm, as he pleases. WHY???
I had some problem with the geabox, it was way too short, so I changed the internal parts to the internals of a diesel gearbox from a Polo 1.7 SDI, cod FFV. A nother problem is with the differential, every time when the turbo spooled up, dew to the sudden torque increase, one of the wheels lost the grip, and the dif was throwing the power from a wheel to a nother. Because I can't afford an new LSD, I changed the wheels from 165 55 R13 to something R15, and I compresd the two springs in the dif, I hope it will make at least a small difference. A nother piece of the transmission that didn't resist to the increased power is the cluch plate, so I orderd a kevlar one, finger crossed.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2016, 09:15:33 am »
The rev haunting could be a couple thinks. Could be a leak after the throttle body, the idle screw being clogged, the airflow sensor being dirty or faulty or even the blue temperature sensor being faulty. From what I see in the pictures you have the air flow sensor at a funny angle and I see you used red vacuum hoses but I don't see if u plugged the one after the throttle body that you are not using.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2016, 03:30:36 pm »
thx for the advice. I didn't found any leaks, the idle screw has been taken out and cleand, his place too, the airflow sensor is in the original position, and it was cleand, how can I make sure that its ok, I dont have a replacement?  I plugged the vacuum line after the throttle body.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:40:58 pm by Hunor »

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2016, 05:11:56 pm »
The rev haunting can be caused by a defective lambda sensor? When I bought the car it had a 4 wire lambda sensor, that wasn't connected properly, so I bought a new universal 3 wire sensor. When I connected it to the original wire I used a soldering pistol (not soldering iron) some people say this way a destroyed the new sensor. That's true?

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2016, 03:08:14 pm »
Lambda sensor wouldn't cause rev haunting. The original G40 lambda has 3 wires on the exhaust side and 4 on the plug. It measures voltage so with the ironed cables it could have different readings but I wouldn't worry too much about it, mine was bad and it only increased the the fuel consumption. In the pick I posted with my previous post in the circle there is an an outlet is it connected to anything or is it unused! If nothing is connected to it you should plug it. Also the co-pot sensor in the picks is twisted around 45 degrees to clear the strut brace, this could cause a false reading, try removing the brace and correcting the angle and see if it makes any difference!

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 11:16:49 pm »
GR40 I will try that when I put everything back together.
Until than my clutch is at modifying (kevlar and stiffening), it will resist to 200-220Nm.
What do you think what hp and Nm makes my engine? Whith this setup:250cc green injectors, K03 turbo, ABU (1.6) cam, boost switch, lightened flywheel (-800g), 1bar boost, PPP #G40008 map

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2016, 09:39:33 am »
I can only take a wild guess about the hp, people have made anything from 160 to 190 hp with your setup. Plus I don't really know how aggressive the PPP map is on timing. I am guessing it is a relatively safe one so I would personally be more than pleased with around 170hp.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2016, 07:49:50 am »
hello, I`m back working on my car (I will post pictures later), and as usual I`m back with questions. Here is the first urgent one: I need to change the oil, I wasn`t happy with Catrol, so I`m putting Liqui Moly, but I don`t know which one to choose 10w40 or 10w60. What do you think it is more suitable for a turbo G40?