Author Topic: Trabant G40  (Read 30382 times)

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Trabant G40
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
Any high impedance Bosch 250cc injector with the same pintle arrangement is suitable. Are there many Saabs in Romania? I think some of the 1994-1998 Saab 900s (non-turbo) had 250cc/min injectors, not sure what the pintle is like on them though.

Cheap set on UK eBay here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-900-GM-Blue-Fuel-Injectors-0280150432-/111573206684?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19fa48069c

Bosch Injector flow rate info here:
http://www.polog40.co.uk/article_injector_table.php

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:02 pm »
Hello guys, I'm advancing very slowly but steady, it's hard to work on the car when you are 100km away at the university. I made the new engine mounts, modified the throttle cable to fit the stock pedal. I took of all the parts from the engine what I could, cleand and painted it. The flywheel was lightened, they removed around 0.77kg. I found some injectors from a Golf mk4, 1.8t, 258cc, I hope they will be ok, for the new soft, what I hopefully will order next month from PPP (I'm missing 10£ for the shipping). Tomorrow I will order a 7 row oil coller, I hope it will be enough, and a boost swich. I've got an intercoller what I hope i can mod to fit the small place under the front bumper. For now this is all, I hope in a few weeks I will be back with a painted enginebay and a semiassembled engine.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 12:35:45 am »
If u are looking for a cheap alternative to the oil cooler, I recently fitted a second hand oil cooler from a punto gt. It came with a thermostatic plate, 8 row cooler and the  feed and return lines. Maybe you could source one out and save yourself some money for the new software. All you need to fit that is the central bolt out of an audi 1600cc 16v engine, cut the bolt in the proper length and it will bolt right on!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:49:37 am by GR40 »

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 08:50:17 am »
Thx GR40, but this oil cooler is around 20£, and a second hand oil cooler is at least 30-40£.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:08 am »
Has anyone a wiring loom diagram in PDF format for a '93 G40?

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »
I'm back with some updates on the project. The last two weeks I was working on the car: I got rid of the old 1.1 engine, cleaned and painted the enginebay, and finaly got the G40 engine and gearbox in the car. I modified the downpipe to clear the new golf mk2 radiator, modified the intercooler to fit the space behinde the front bumper. I got an opel calibra oil cooler, now i need to figure out the oil lines, and the water line for the turbo. I'm done with the new coilovers and brakes. Next time when I go home I hope I will finish the piping for the intake.

And I found a wiring loom diagram  :P

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »
Somebody have an idea why I can't get in touch with PPP via mail? I want to buy urgently a chip for my project.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 01:48:18 pm »
I'm back with some updates: new disks for the brakes, double heatwreaping the downpipe, I mounted a Golf GTI oil cooler. The boost swich, the BOV, and the boost controler got here, and the silicone hose and oil cooler adaptor are on the way.
A few days ago I made the payment to PPP for the new chip, I hope I will get it in time.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »
Can I use this as a line for the boost controler, boost swich and boost gauge?

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 09:09:06 pm »
I think this is smaller in diameter than the rest of the vacuum lines. I would use a T piece on either the fuel rail pressure regulator or the outlet on the brake assist vacuum line.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 09:57:01 pm »
All of these have 2.5mm in diameter. The boost controler-accutor needs pressure (boost) to open, just like the boost gauge, not vaccume, right? The fuel rail pressure regulators line doesn't conect to the brake assist vacuum line, beside the ECU's vaccum line?

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 08:04:29 am »
Can I use this as a line for the boost controler, boost swich and boost gauge?

That connection is specially placed next to the throttle butterfly (throttle plate) inside the throttle body. It is used to control the emissions valve to the carbon canister. I think its special position is designed to stop the emissions valve opening at idle. I may give strange results if you use it for boost control. The fuel pressure regulator and ECU see both vacuum and boost through their connections depending on the boost return valve being open or closed. The brake servo reservoir has a non return valve so that it does not lose vacuum when the engine is running on boost; a G40 manifold has vacuum most of the time when running. It is only near full throttle when the manifold pressure becomes positive.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 04:42:50 pm »
Thx for the answer, in my case the emissions valve won't be a problem, more precise there won't be any emissions valve  ;) For the BOV I'll take a vaccum from the fuel  pressure regulator with a T piece. For the boost controler-accutor, boost swich, and boost gauge I will take a line from somewhere befor the throtle body.
Guys, if I'm wrong please corect me.

Offline Hunor

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 11:26:45 am »
Hey guys, who can tell me why can't I get hold of the guys from PPP? I would like to know that they sent me the chip or not. I sent them 90£ two weeks ago via PayPal and  I didn't get any confirmation, nothing. I would just like to know that they sent it or not.

Offline physicsfool

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 12:33:01 pm »
Have you checked your spam folder? sometimes their emails dont go into the inbox