Author Topic: Febi discs  (Read 3556 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Febi discs
« on: June 13, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »
Got some 256 brakes and want some decent discs Pete can get me some mega cheap Febi ones, but I'm a bit worried about them warping
Has anyone used them before? Any reviews would be great
Thanks
Taylor

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: Febi discs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »
I used OEM VW ones on my 256 conversion.  I've also used Brembo HC's on the Clio.  They were really cheap and take a monstering.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »
I used OEM VW ones on my 256 conversion.  I've also used Brembo HC's on the Clio.  They were really cheap and take a monstering.

I don't trust oem brakes, my stupid little up has warped it's brakes really badly! And I drive that like a grandad!

Offline JoeH

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:08:08 pm »
mmm, I remember reading somewhere that drilled discs are more likely to warp...

Febi aren't cheap quality, even if there price is, most people think they are at least decent / ok.
I would just run the Febi's and see what happens, I reckon you might be surprised.

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »
Looks like Brembo plain are about £30 and you can get the Max grooved ones for £70.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »

I don't trust oem brakes, my stupid little up has warped it's brakes really badly! And I drive that like a grandad!

Doubt it's warped them, probably transferred pad material onto the disc (do you sit with you foot on the brake in traffic?) there's various guides on how to remove it by stamping on the brakes from fairly big speeds.

Drilled discs are more likely to crack, it's rare you truly warp a disc.

I use Brembo grooved on the Polo, and Brembo plain on the Audi- both seem fine.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
I use OEM brembo ones on my g40 with wilwood 4-pots.  They've lasted years of track days without warping. They're just the bog standard discs you get from GSF or ECP. 

I don't believe in drilled or grooved discs :)