Author Topic: A Reg mk2 Polo Classic GL - unfinished project  (Read 2942 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
A Reg mk2 Polo Classic GL - unfinished project
« on: June 18, 2013, 11:00:32 pm »
Shamefully I acquired this vehicle in March 2006, as part of an estate clearance after the guy died.  I used if for a weekend and took the engine out to g40 it.  But that never happened and its been dry stored ever since.

Lovely colour, its like a metallic bronzey browny with a purpley flip - blackberry metallic apparently or something.  Interior matches too. Original dealer plates, two keys and original dealer key fob!

Its had a mk3 handbrake mechanism welded in and studs for the mk3 fuel pump assembly.  Got a  new mk3 tank fitted and g40 rear axle with new bushes and new shoes/fitting kit, Its also had the front valance cut and some mods for an intercooler. Also got -40mm fk suspension with new VW front wheel bearings and febi top mounts and 5 spd arb on mk3 legs (and associated tcas - early mk2s have. smaller ball joints). I also have the original exhaust and a gear selector to go on.

Its had some welding on the sills at somepoint but its solid.

So basically - shell, incl v5, suspension, axle, mk4 5.5x13 steels (two without tyres), wiring.   needs an engine/downpipe/radiator and fuel pumps to run. and front brakes/piping finishing.

What you see is what you get. - the grill/lights is mint and the interior is pretty shit hot for the age!

I'd love to see it finished, but family/work/wanting to move house means i don't have the time or inclination. I'm pricing it at £600 ono... as  i believe its worth this just for conservatively priced main parts.

i.e. fk shocks and springs £50
suspension legs with new bearings and top mounts £50
new fuel tank £50
g40 rear axle with new bushes, handbrake cables and shoes £50
grill lights etc £130
new master cylinder £15
lovely nick interior £70
lovely mint red carpet £30
mirrors £20 pair
brown dash - mint £50
front bumper with headlamp washers and washer bottle, pumps and and wiring £50
glass £50 incl chrome trimmed rubber
lock set £20 inc fuel cap
exhaust £10

etc etc- thats without all the niggly bits and any of the shell (wings look solid enough!!)

willing to discuss with anybody - so holler at me.  PIcs below.

Pete

shit bits