Author Topic: engine breather  (Read 1465 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
engine breather
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:17:21 pm »
ok so after paying £45 for a genuine breather and waiting for a month for it to arive, i decided to fit it
got the old one of and cannot for the life of my get the new one in, it just will not physically fit! tried hammering it but its just dented it
and you cant really get any tools under there, was a pain in the ass and resulted in lots of swearing
had to put the old one back in and hylomared it up, but was leaking like a sieve BEFORE i hammered i hole in it
anyhelp would be appreciated as the underside of the car is covered in gungey oil as its been leaking for a dam long time

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: engine breather
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:57:11 pm »
I've heard a lot of people have had to grind edges off them to get them to fit. Putting them in the freezer to cool it and contract it is another technique.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »
I've heard a lot of people have had to grind edges off them to get them to fit. Putting them in the freezer to cool it and contract it is another technique.
ah didnt think of that!! I could get the engine really hot and put the breather in the freezer, that would work :)
just try not to burn myself lol
thanks buddy :)

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »
I got one in by freezing it. Still had to take a little bit off the edges of it though, but only a touch.

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »
I got one in by freezing it. Still had to take a little bit off the edges of it though, but only a touch.

thank you mate, will give it a shot :) annoyed i put a dent in it as it cost £45 lol