Author Topic: Shell V power Nitro  (Read 8478 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Shell V power Nitro
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:15 am »
Anyone tried it?

Offline Agent47

• Members
Re: Shell V power Nitro
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »
Tried it on my Volvo T4, it's better than that junk Momentum 99 and a little bit better than BP's Ultimate. Haven't tried it on the G but know it's pretty good in Alfa Romeo Q4's.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 03:10:29 pm »
Isn't it just V-Power re-branded to promote the fact that it's got more friction reducers in it?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 03:46:10 pm »
Yeah i got just got told its re branded v power. Hope the price isnt much difference.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:21:01 pm »
I bought a tank last night, it's no more expensive than V-Power

Offline xrrich

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »
I heard it was 102 ron?
I put it in the G and it felt good, not sure whether its because i havent drove it in a while but it felt fast as foook aha

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:35:49 pm »
Ok, went down to shell at its 99 ron. Fact.

Wasn't v power 99 ron anyway?

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:00 pm »
definitly 99 ron lol, theres like only 3 garages in the UK that sell 102 ron fuel, and its BP. stupidly expensive too

Offline xrrich

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:16 pm »
So its no different then.. the man behind the counter was telling me it was amazing... greattttt

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »
Im sure i read on the website its 99% the same as v power and just has an increased formula of Friction modification technology.

Im sure bp stopped selling that 102 ron. There were 4/5 garages in Essex that sold it buy they no longer do.

From shell:

After months of extensive testing, we have created a performance fuel to help your car achieve its performance potential. Developed with Scuderia Ferrari, this new formulation is designed to instantly get to work in your engine on deposits which can reduce performance. We have also increased the friction modifier content by 25%*. The friction modifier is designed to reduce friction in critical engine areas, helping to deliver more power to the wheels. Put simply, this is Ferrari's choice for improved performance.

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded Benefits

Protecting Cylinder Walls – Our Friction Modification Technology is designed to instantly reduce friction between the piston assembly and cylinder wall by coating them with a protective film.

Cleaner Intake Valves and Fuel Injectors – Designed to prevent and clean up deposits that can affect performance. Shell V-Power Nitro+ contains special additives to help stop performance-robbing deposits from building up around the intake valves and fuel injectors.

In comparison to our previous Shell V-Power Unleaded, we have rebalanced the formulation to contain 25% more Friction Modification Technology (FMT). This technology has been tested with Ferrari as part of our long standing technical partnership, and is designed to instantly reduce friction in critical engine areas and thereby help the engine to deliver more power to the wheels.

* Compared to our previous Shell V-Power Unleaded formulation
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:05:53 pm by Jezza-7 »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 10:05:01 pm »
Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded, developed by Shell scientists with our technical partner Ferrari, is also the inspiration behind Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel - our new, diesel performance fuel.

The technical partnership with Ferrari provides a fantastic test bed for technology and innovation, and an environment to test new fuels in extreme conditions. At Shell, we are committed to making better fuels for our customers. Formula One helps us to develop those better products. Friction Modification Technology is a good example of this ‘track-to-road’ technology transfer.

Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded contains 99% the same types of compounds found in the Shell V-Power race fuel being used by Scuderia Ferrari in the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship. You could run the Scuderia Ferrari Formula One car on Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded road car fuel - and you could run an unleaded road car on the Shell V-Power Formula One fuel.

Shell scientists and engineers work on both types of engines, understanding the similarities and differences and applying the same technical insights for optimal results. 

New Shell V-Power Nitro+ Unleaded is Ferrari's choice for improved performance.

Offline Jester

• Members
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »
always run the g40 on vpower, had some silly remarks in the past from people near of behind me when filling up saying `why you running vpower in that old polo'.. i always just smerk.

am i right in thinking it's going to cost more because that`s a little unfair?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:46:20 pm »
I went to the same shell last week with v power and it was 144.9 and went there last night with the new nitro stuff and was 141.9

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:18 pm »
always run the g40 on vpower, had some silly remarks in the past from people near of behind me when filling up saying `why you running vpower in that old polo'.. i always just smerk.

am i right in thinking it's going to cost more because that`s a little unfair?

Video of the dodge is actually a polo chassis and running gear with the charger shell mounted backwards on it
Polo reverse wheelie :D
same, people give me an odd look when im putting expensive v power into the old polo, dont even have G badges... just polo on the back :D

Offline shaun_89

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »
Dont know why youd pay the 6p or so extra for shell v-power over tesco 99? Seems shell have just re-advertised v-power to boost sales of their fuel.