Author Topic: Royal Fail ripping off  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Royal Fail ripping off
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:40:14 pm »
Just incase anyone doesn't know, the Royal Mail have increased their prices a lot.

They wanted to charge me just over a tenner for a GTO throttle body, its about the same size as a polo one and weighs 500 grams. Before the prices went up, i got quoted around £5.

If you do sell some stuff make sure to get prices before you go to the post office as you will be shocked like i was.

A good service to use is my hermes. Charged me just over £4. They collect from your door and its signed for. Would of been £3.30 for non signed for. You can send items up to 15kgs.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Royal Fail ripping off
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:49:11 am »
I'm amazed that there isn't absolute uproar about royal mail prices.  I was shocked to see the price of a first class stamp was 60p the other week.  I thought they were about 25-30p (I rarely buy stamps). 

Apparently they went up from 46p to 60p last year and have gone up about 100% in the last five years or so.

Look at this:

http://goo.gl/w5gU2

Madness.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:40:07 am »
I love how it slightly increase then bam, it jumps 14p. When i got 6 stamps in march they said that will be £3.60!

They will be loosing a lot of customers this year, especially with all these small courier services popping up that offer better and cheaper option to send your items.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:54:11 am »
Only reason we use them is convenience, and I can pop out in lunch hour and post small things.

ARB blocks are almost £6 now, TCA bushes over £3 (they weigh almost nothing), a stage 2 subframe via Royal Mail/ Parcel force is almost £45 that's mainland UK. A courier can send one to Portugal for that price!

Worth checking too, as special delivery is sometimes cheaper than first class recorded if you need extra insurance or it's heavy.

What really pisses me off isn't their prices, it's the postman sticking a missed delivery slip through my door without even trying to deliver something- usually because its too heavy for them to carry on a bike... you then have to wait 24hrs to walk 300yds down the road to collect it. Utter piss take, pay for delivery to your house, and end up doing the leg work yourself. Jokers.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:56:03 am »
From experience I'd also avoid City Link, had various problems with them in years gone by (missing/damaged items) and DPD are crap too, they never used to collect after 2pm on a Friday even if you'd booked it in for that time, all so the driver could get home early.

Best I've found is UPS via interparcel.com - never had a problem with them, and the drivers are careful with parcels.

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 11:12:40 am »
What really pisses me off isn't their prices, it's the postman sticking a missed delivery slip through my door without even trying to deliver something- usually because its too heavy for them to carry on a bike... you then have to wait 24hrs to walk 300yds down the road to collect it. Utter piss take, pay for delivery to your house, and end up doing the leg work yourself. Jokers.

Glad to hear im not the only one that has experienced this. Annoying, esp. if you have the day off and you could get the item fitted that your waiting for.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:14:01 pm by randombadger69 »

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »
Just sent some gaskets out to Saf. £6.22 next day guarantee for an envelope. If I had more time to arrange a better alternative I would have done. Seems steep.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 01:43:57 pm »
yeah at work we deal with loads of couriers, we call City Link, Shitty Link round here. 

We use APC for all our stuff and we send 100s of things per week.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »
Aye stay clear of city link, my mate works in one of there hub sorting depots. Tales of 'big teles' being hurled around and often the jingling of broken bits in boxes. Too many agency staff there who don't give a toss.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »
Another vote for Shitty Link being wank from me.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:29 pm »
yeah the price increase this time is massive, they have changed their products to basically cash in on ebay selling. Their used to be just letter large letter and packet. Now there is Packet Small and Packet Large i do believe.

The price hike is massive,  our packets cost us £1.98 but now cost £2.25. Such a massive jump.

Give it a year or 2 they will be near to courier prices, they really are going to just price themselves out.

I think they have done too much this time and i hope everyone kicks up a fuzz and complains, not that it will make a difference.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:14 am »
just checked now and one of the items is classed as a medium packet. Cost £1.92 last week, now costs £4.40

un real, really do need to have a look for different postage options now!

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:54 pm »
Just had the medium packet sting. Just sent a dizzy, £5.50 for a bloody dizzy . Didn't even weight 500grams ffs!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »
this will do them in for sure they have just slipped up so badly.

A box we send out with some large decals in, to send is now £4.40, to send it international the same package is £4.45

explain that to me Royal Mail.