Author Topic: Maggy  (Read 9689 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Maggy
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »
plus i think the front end may need some alignment - its reaaaly light and feels like its gonna keeel you

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 11:50:45 am »
Its got FK Konigsport coilovers and no not at all. It could maybe do with a little bit of stiffening on the front end but with track rubber on the grip is immense so I had no problems chucking it in the corners. It was really good on track, massive difference compared to my last car with no frame.

I might drive this one for more than a lap before giving you the keys back then  ;)

Looks sweet on track- deffo getting mine ready for a few months time and some Blyton/Donnington action, CG40 trackday?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:47 pm »
Spec Sam? You running a bar now? Looks soo nice !

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »
Spec Sam? You running a bar now? Looks soo nice !

Engine is stock
Ported GT inlet
51mm throttle (although need to sort out the top elbow as that is stock at the moment)
Turbo with front mount
Helix friction plate with lightened flywheel

I've wound the boost up to just under 20psi at the moment and its pretty quick at that. I need to sort the cam timing out on the vernier properly but its running pretty nicely at the moment. I'm not sure I'll bother going for a BVH or anything if I'm honest unless I run into problems with this engine, its plenty quick enough for now.

Yoof - yeah its a different animal to what you drove last year! CG40 trackday at Donnington would be awesome. I'm game.

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 09:07:58 am »
I'll put this in here. I was looking at the vids from September to spur me on to sort the car out for this year. Looking forward to getting back out on track again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrXBan4ESr4

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »
Gearbox has been changed today, and the old one looks pretty fooked. Two holes in it, I've not had chance to open if up yet, I can't see anything being salvageable though.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:50 pm »
good job!

Offline physicsfool

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 08:46:13 am »
Hellfire that's impressive! Was that just being used as a daily? Or hard driving?

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »
That was on track so driving fairly hard.  ;) It had been hard to get into gear sometimes but otherwise ok. Quaife has gone in now though so all is good.