Author Topic: Found some usefull info on your cars service history  (Read 1880 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Found some usefull info on your cars service history
« on: March 09, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »
Right as you all no now i bought my car with no service history, im sure Ive moaned about it enough haha

however the other day my rear window was all condensed and i could faintly make out where the dealer sticker used to be. i thought brilliant! it said "Hadwins Audi" so after a quick search i found they are still going up north somewhere

got their number and gave them a call, after giving my reg the women said yep your car was sold from here and we've got some service history and mot's, pdi etc. all on an online archive! i couldn't believe it!! so i said can i get a copy of it. and she said all i have to do is buy a new service book for £15 and they will stamp it up and write all the work they've carried out and send it out to me!!!!
and on monday they are going to check if my car has been serviced at any other dealerships
thought this would be some really useful info for anyone missing service history, will add value to your car or if your like me and just curious
though i will say, the girl said the system is changing in may and all records will be deleted so you will have to do it by then
but for £15!!! bargain!! just need to know who sold your car
Taylor

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: Found some usefull info on your cars service history
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »
ive got a huge bundle of bills with mine but most of them, from when the car was owned by a woman, look to be scribbled by a 5 year old! lol

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:05:49 am »
Sounds a bit harsh that she won't send it for nowt.

When I bought my Datsun it was missing stuff pre-2007ish, so I rang the supplying dealer at that time and got him to send me copies of the Service History prior to that date. There was still a gap from new, but as Nissan don't have a centralised database that was the best I could do. Meant I knocked the seller down by £500, and ended up knowing far more about the car as a result.

Offline vee-dub90

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:18:16 am »
I just tried but they have nothing on their system no more as they changed everything back in '04  :(