Author Topic: paint faded and glue  (Read 3582 times)

Offline vwdubjay

• Members
paint faded and glue
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:02 pm »
hi, the paint on my polo was faded when i brought it and i give it a going over with some t cut and it seemed to do the job ok ish, but i was just wondering if there was anything that would do the job better because im not to happy with the way it is now, its tornado red ive been told G3 cutting compound is good but i just want to know if anyone has used something better?, also i took the black strips off that look abit like guttering to me i dont know what there called  :-[ but ive took them off because there peeling off anyway and now i need to take the glue off that held them in place and was wondering what would be best?
many thanks jay

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: paint faded and glue
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 10:51:07 am »
my mate uses G3 compound then finishes off with dodo juice. Ment to be really good stuff.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:38:12 am »
be careful, g3 and t-cut will eventually cut it down to primer.

I use colour restore stuff - as does yoof - in red.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:30 pm »

1) Wash car
2) Clay Bar
3) Wash crud off from clay bar
4) Dry & polish with red t-cut (if it's really bad leave it on for a few hours, then polish it again (without bufffing it off) then buff off
5) Wax- I use Megs Carnuba Stuff, smells nice
6) Admire
7) Wait 1 month
8) See step 1 (swear at Tornado Red)

;D

Offline dekerf1996

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:54 am »
Get some specalist glue remover, you can use household stuff but its not as good. I like autobrite stuff or even dodo juice tar and glue remover. Tardis is supposed to be exelent

As for the paint, as stated above but use a decent paint cleaner or machine polish it with a da or rotary with the right polishes, for quicker and better results.

For keeping the finish protect with a couple layers of decent wax. Collinte is a good cheap long lasting wax. My current favs are bouncers or definative wax but are more pricey

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:06 am »
Don't machine polish it every time it fades, you'll end up with no paint left.