Author Topic: whats better?  (Read 3263 times)

Offline RyanC

• Members
whats better?
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »
I've been looking at getting some toothed pulleys for the last few weeks, the two different types I'm looking at are the PSD ones and the bartek one. The bartek ones are steel and the psd are ali so I'm guessing the psd one are alot litgher? but the bartek one probs will last longer, I'm just stuck tbo on what is really better people say because the psd ones are lighter it revs more freely which i guess is right. but how much of a difference will it really make? I'm thinking to just get the bartek ones coz they will last longer and i read that the belts on the bartek ones last a long time will putting the heaver bartek one on there really make that much of a difference on performance coz of the weight? what do u guy hav on your what do u think  and the other thing psd ones will hav to second hand as they dont sell them anymore but i can buy barteck ones new!

Offline g40will

• Members
Re: whats better?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:23:04 pm »
Thers also the multirib belt option which is the route im taking availible in most sizes ; )

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »
But would that prevent belt slip completely like toothed would?

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:42:42 pm »
I'd go PSD ones every time. Phase 1 if possible.

As for the multirib ones I had a set of those years ago and the slip was worse than with standard v belts.

Offline g40will

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:57:46 pm »
They are deffinatly better than v belts why  would they use them on new cars otherwise? it just depends how often you are willing to replace toothies ; )

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »
what ur reason for going psd one mate

Offline josé

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 10:33:29 pm »
you can get steel toothed pulleys from german ebay, good quality to be honest, they are similar if not the same weight as the standard v belt pulleys so you won't notice any difference in the engine speed revs etc, but the constant boost will be the main difference in power.

josh

Offline RyanC

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 06:28:12 pm »
okay thanks mate ill hav a look :)