Author Topic: Keep blowing fuse 14  (Read 3013 times)

Offline ValG40

• Members
Keep blowing fuse 14
« on: December 15, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »
Yesterday my horn decided to turn itself on and stay on for a good 5 minutes in the middle of traffic  :/ I sorted this quite quickly with some electrical tape, it was just a short where a wire had worn through the coating and was touching the body.

however after this i went out in the car and could smell a slight burning plasticy smell and eventually found that my heater motor nor my rear wiper would work, id blown fuse 14, ive just replaced it and tried again but its blown almost instantly again where would be the obvious places to look? possible melted wires?

I cant see this having anything to do with the horn missap it was just weird how it happened straight after that was sorted  

Offline vee-dub90

• Members
    • Facebook
Re: Keep blowing fuse 14
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:56:51 pm »
Check the plug that powers the heater blower, mine had started to melt but never blew a fuse

Offline ValG40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:34:26 pm »
The plug seems fine I've just had everything unplugged put a new fuse in and the second I put my key in I heard it pop so it must be something within the wiring it's all wrapped in loom tape so ill have to rip it all out argh  :(

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:49:03 am »
try unplugging things one at a time - i.e. heater etc to single it out.

I had a similar problem - was the actual motor for rear wiper - just kept blowing fuses.

Offline ValG40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »
Just managed to get a little wiser on it, it turns out its something to do with the rear wiper motor I had it unplugged and everything was fine so I plugged the motor back in and for a split second that worked too and I thought I'd got lucky,  a second after the fuse popped, problem solved! anyway Ive just left it unplugged for the time being so I can at least de mist the windows!  :)

What did you do about your motor? just swapped it out?

Thankyou!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:13 pm »
yeah - just swapped it