Author Topic: Corrado G60 - Now on Ebay  (Read 3679 times)

Offline xrrich

• Members
Corrado G60 - Now on Ebay
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:39:31 pm »
My friend is travelling to Austrailia at the end of the month so is selling his G60

He isnt on any forums so i said i would advertise for him

Here is the info he had written about the car on Ebay

For sale is my Corrado G60 in the rare Khaki pearl effect with just 107k genuine mileage, 6 months MOT and 6 months Tax. The car has the full leather Karman interior and other than the upgraded suspension, it is fully standard and not been messed about with. The reason i am selling it is that i am off to Australia and as much as i'd like to fly it out there with me, its not really a sensible option.

Khaki Pearl Effect is the official name of the paint, it is basically a metallic grey with hints of green which can only really be seen in certain lights as you can see in the pics...

Since i have had it i have basically been cleaning it up, looking after the engine and improving the handling:

Handling stuff

- I fitted FK coilovers as it was a bit of a monster truck before and swaying around a bit, i then had the tracking and camber set up on all corners which made a world of difference. It has two TOYO PROXY tyres and two quite frankly budget tyres. The Toyo's are amazing tyres and i'd never use anything else. They were orignally on the front with the budget tyres on the back. As you can imagine the back end was quite excitable and i decided to sacrifice the off the mark grip to avoid any potentially fatal spins on the winter's greasy roads and put them on the back. The back end now feels like its on rails no matter what the weather. The grip at the front is fine in the dry but once it gets wet you get a lot of wheel spin... As much as i have wanted to get two more Toyo's, i cant really afford a premium tyre like that while saving for my trip down under.

Engine and Charger

- The previous owner had done the usual seals, bearings and belt in the G-charger not long before i took it off his hands. Since i'v had it iv changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, cleaned the distributer connections and changed the coolant. I have also only ever run Shell V-Power fuel for the whole time i'v had the car, which i believe makes a big difference to the life, performance and economy of the engine. Call me sad but i have actually recorded every litre of fuel i'v put through the car in order to gauge the economy. Out of 50 litres i average 360 miles which works out at an average 32mpg! I save putting my foot down to the weekends and drive sensibly to work and back (most of the time) which probably has alot to do with this.

The previous owner bought it the car off a family member and before him it had been in the family for a long period of time, probably being used to run to the shops and back... In recent years the car has done very few miles. The cam belt was done 3,500 miles ago but this was a number of years back so i have actually booked the car in to get a new belt fitted this friday (14th Dec) in time to sell it. This is mainly because i know how much more appealing a car is with a recently changed timing belt but also for my piece of mind, we all know the problems caused if it brakes - and i wont be selling it too easily if that happened... there goes my trip to Australia! :(

This is the second Corrado i have owned and i have been amazed at the reliability and problem free life i'v had with it.  Something i have been very impressed with in the 3 and a bit months i have owned it is that the car has been my daily driver and not once has it ever failed (or even struggled) to start! And i leave for work at 6am every day, so for the last 2 weeks the car has been frozen over! Feel free to test this by coming to view it on a cold morning and we'l cold start it... If it doesnt start u can have the car for free.... well maybe not but u get what im saying... It has also never cut out on me while driving, never over heated and never had any idling or miss-firing issues.

Body and paint

The car is in the beautiful Khaki Pearl Effect which since alot of elbow grease and tubes of T-cut and polish, the paint has come out really nice. The body has one scratch down the near side lower door panel which you can see in one of the pictures. It's hard to see it if you arent looking for it but it's there and i'd rather you knew about it rather than noticing it if you come to view it! There are also a few dings where doors must have opened onto the car in car parks. There is only a couple of small blobs of rust popping through here and there and generally the condition of the car as you can see in the pictures is pretty good. Underneath the car the sills are solid and there is no rust or cracks. This you need to come and see for yourself.

A few other minor positive notes...

- Electric spoiler fully functional

- Electric windows, mirrors and sunroof all working fine

- Space saver spare wheel with jack and wrench in the boot

- MD/radio stereo fully functional (with what i think is an aftermarket aerial fitted, never really been sure?)

I'm bound to have missed stuff so message me your questions or call/text me on 07716417252 - better off texting as i work 6.30-4.45 daily

Thanks for looking and spending your time reading this life story, hopefully well worth it :)

Cheers, Louis.

Here is his listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-CORRADO-G60-1992-Khaki-Pearl-107-000-GENUINE-MILES-supercharged-/150963532754?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item232620b3d2

any info needed please ask and i will pass the message on

£2400

Thanks
Rich
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:03:45 pm by XRrich »