Author Topic: Professional paint services. wheel refurbs, small parts spraying etc  (Read 3771 times)

Offline z3i

• Members
Hello all
I have been painting for Bmw around 6 months now and am looking to do work in my spare time
i will be renting out a german made booth in Kent (same as Bmw use) so all finished products will be to a professional standard. not just spraying them in my garage
will be starting off with small parts such as, wheel face refurbs, wheel colour changes, strut braces, rocker covers etc and some panels
if all goes well i will be offering larger work such as full resprays. doesn't have to be car related. i am currently painting some motorbike fairing.
if panels are damaged or dented i can get them repaired by a professional panel beater who is used to work with at Bmw (now runs his own business) though there will be an extra charge for this
i will be looking to carry these services out next year when i will take my first batch to the booth and post up some pictures of my work
turn around time will be slow as i will be doing it in my spare time and hopefully renting out the booth once a month (depending on how much interest i get)
my postcode is SO504NQ for anyone close. items can be sent but im a bit concerned about things getting damaged in the post
prices will vary so its best to sent me a message
Thanks for reading: Taylor

Offline z3i

• Members
Re: Professional paint services. wheel refurbs, small parts spraying etc
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »
Took a few quick phone pictures of some of my work if anyone is interested
The fiesta is done with a cheaper lacquer after some light polishing
and the mini tailgate is expensive glasurit lacquer with no polishing just out of the gun finish
just thought this would give people an idea of my quality of work and the difference between cheap and expensive lacquer
thanks Taylor

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:03:49 pm »
Booth is booked for 26th of this month, ive got enough room for one more small job, a wing or about that size, trims etc
let me know if anyone is interested
Regards Taylor

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 09:17:16 pm »
Did some motorbike fairing, heres a few pictures

Offline z3i

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »
Ok painted my rocker cover 1000 miles ago now and the paint is still perfect, no blistering cracks or peeling
was painted with 2 pack wet on wet primer
waterbased colour
glasurit scratch resistant clear

glasurit paint is plenty capable of reasonably high temperatures

the sticker was from DKnight and is an exact copy of the original oil overfilling warning sticker and has not come unstuck or worn at all

getting a new phone soon so will be able to get some more pictures, as its a bit difficult whipping an SLR out mid painting in the oven
currently rust treating my old suspension, will be getting that painted. for those of you who haven't seen bilt and hamber deox c in action, prepare to be amazed
once rust treated they are getting painted BMW 668 straight black so watch this space :)