Author Topic: fuel pump won't prime... manual switch???  (Read 11269 times)

Offline Craig g

• Members
Re: fuel pump won't prime... manual switch???
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 03:33:13 pm »
I now have a spark and fuel pump not sure how I fixed them but they just started working :L, the only problem I have now is the injectors aren't firing anyone have any ideas on things to check?

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:53 pm »
I think given everything is on this forum, and the only issues other than the usual are in my thread your on your own Craig.
 They really arent hard to wire, im atrocious with wiring and bar issues that were out of my control i had no issues, check from each wire on the ecu using the FAQ section and find out which wire is which. start there, you either have a fuse issue or a wire not plugged in, so which is it? Do you even have a live to the ECU?

Offline Craig g

• Members
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 03:37:15 pm »
Well I went out and got a multi meter and started checking the wiring, I do actually have power going to the injectors so the ecu must have a live but there's nothing going into the cylinders, there's fuel getting to the fuel rail, so I thought maybe the injectors themselves are at fault but what are the chances of all 4 failing? Well I had 2 sets with my conversion so I tried the second set but still nothing so what are the chances of 8 failing? What other factors could there be stopping them spraying?

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:41 am »
Do you have fuel to them? the pump may be priming but not pumping.... check each wire, 1 by one. find its purpose and then find the location of each wire in the car. laborious task but the only way anyone on the internet can advise without seeing it really. Its HIGHLY unlikey its 8 that have failed, more like no fuel pumping when cranked.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:14 am »
The ECU injector driver is low-side drive - i.e. it's a switched ground, not a switched live.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »
Check your hall sender, if you remove the distributor and rotate it by hand with the ignition on, the injectors should fire.

Offline Craig g

• Members
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 03:12:31 pm »
Right I must be doing all your heads in with this :L but... I've solved the problem and created a new one.
There was a bad earth to the fuel pump relay so I've re connected the earth wire and the car now runs with very little issues apart from the exhaust blowing and it being slightly out of time I think, but now the fuel pump constantly runs on after turning the engine off???

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »
Swop your fuel pump ignition/prime live and permenant live over :-P god knows how this is happening, I've no idea sorry, sure someone that actually understands wiring will help hahah. If your exhaust is blowing it will sound tappy dude, especially if its manifold.
 last stint now! Good luck, the wasted hours under the dash are all worth it trust me :-P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:41:44 pm by POLOMON »