Author Topic: mk3 golf gti black 3dr, coventry  (Read 2782 times)

Offline mk2moo

• Members
mk3 golf gti black 3dr, coventry
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:20 pm »
I am looking at selling my golf as tempted to get another scirocco and put a 16v engine in it. Its a mk3 golf gti in black and with 3drs, it is the 16v ABF engine. the car I have only had since September when I swapped my g40 for it. I want to keep but would need to sell to fund the rocco.

It is a great car I use it daily for work and done many long trips up and down the country in it and has not missed a beat. Was owned by a guy that works in a garage and has had a lot of nice tweaks done to the overall car.

Mods are:
Upraded ARB's
Polybushed rear axles, wishbones and arb mounts.
heated leather interior from a VR6 ( mulberry colour ) which works and is lovely now its winter. Also includes door cards so does match.
lowered on coilovers, Race land from what I remember. they are still
fully adjustable and look near new condition.
Full jetex system from manifold back, also sport cat

GTI arch kit and side moulding removed and replaced with colour codes vr6 mouldings. Do have sill skirts but taken off for winter as they just catch crap in them and hold water. Also still have full gti arch kit and side strips.
It has an after market front grill which is colour coded but has suffered from stone chips.

Vr6 front splitter, but as with most splitters it has scrapped a lot especially in multi storey car parks. Still in one piece though

think there is more but will try remember them.

Bad bits:

Bad bits id say would be marks on rear arched where gti arch covers were. Just like a white semi circle.

clocks were changed as old ones stopped working, so shows incorrect mileage.

Exhaust heat shield is lose underneath as rattles when closing door. The bolts have come off from it and have not got right size hear to sort it.

the boot lid has bubbles in the paint around the bottom left of the rear window, can not notice unless get a lot closer.

Good Bits:

the car runs great, the gear box is smooth and precise. No nasty knocks or rattles except from the above ( not exactly a problem though )

It has been well looked after the paint is very good except minus few small blemishes. No dents or anything and no rust (again except from above ) Sills etc are solid as are the arches.

Has been fully under sealed

lovely interior, seats are comfy and hold their structure like they should.

All electrics work perfect. Windows sunroof, seats etc.

Has a full sigma M20 alarm and immobiliser with keypad ( cat 2 from what I remember )

Has tax till end of dec and MOT till next June or July I think it was, will double check.

Looks great, handles great and go great.

Got folder of receipts and a bit of history.

Mileage is around 130 - 140,000 miles if take into account MOT before clock change. New clocks show over 200 but as said they are replacements.

Would really benefit from a good clay and mop and would shine like new.

Not looking for px to be honest, unless something cool.

Located in Coventry, west mids about 5 min from J3 of M6.

Offers around £1850

Can just PM me through here

Stone chips on grill: