Author Topic: Mk3 Polo GT Coupe - Parts available  (Read 7857 times)

Offline polo-lover!

• Members
Mk3 Polo GT Coupe - Parts available
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:08:27 am »
Ive recently stripped down my Tornado Red 1991 Mk3 Vw Polo GT Coupe 1.3L, the only reason bieng is i have now got myself a tidy G40  ;D.

I have got loads of parts available from this car, it was in very good condition and only covered 88k so it was a shame to break but im keeping the engine and gearbox. The interior and carpet have sold. Everything else is available, including the bare shell if anyone is interested? i also have parts from mk2 polo, mk2 golf gti, mk3 vr6, mk4 golf and mk4 polo 6n. if i can help with anything then give me a shout. :)

Dub love.

Jamie

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Mk3 Polo GT Coupe - Parts available
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:10:26 am »
Bumpers and arches?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »
location? and can you get me some photos of the front wings please?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »
Antony this fella is in barnstaple mate. All of the stuff is on ebay mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/devons-dub-breaker/m.html?item=321018368849&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

If i remember rightly the whole car that he is breaking was for sale for £500, but didnt have an engine, gearbox ecu etc.

No offence but a lot of the stuff is over priced but the car was in a good condition.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 07:53:32 pm »
yea i saw that all well over priced though. soo polo-lover you got some.photos of the wings and a price ?

Offline polo-lover!

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »
no mate the car wasn't up for £500 it was up for £1,200 on ebay... it may be over priced to some but these parts are getting rarer as you well know and you cant just give them away im affraid. i wish i could. i will have pics of all parts up tomorrow evening.

thanks

jamie

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »
Oh right, there was a red gt/g40 in barnstaple for sale a little while ago, did you buy that one?

Some of it is rare like the arches, but some stuff like window winders £8 each! I got mine for £2 for 2! And the de badge grille new is £20 posted, why pay more for a used one? End of the day if someone is desperate they will pay the price but most of it is available aftermarket or from scrappies.

Maybe if me and antony are interested in some stuff we can take a trip up and do us a good price ;)

Offline polo-lover!

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »
yes thats the one you seen. i bought that one, wich is reason for stripping the GT. fair enough im glad you found some cheap prices but i have to take into account price of car, unit rental, tax, time spent etc, im sorry to dissapoint. the debadged grille is brand new and i didnt realise they were £20, i try to be competitive with ebay prices but as there is hardly any to compare with then what can i do. the parts are worth the price its just wether you want it or not. anyway thanks for your interest. yes pop down anytime, of course i will give you guys dicsount, your clearly vw enthusiasts.. but to the general guy on the street the prices are set, i also give small discount for multiple parts bought yes. cheers jamie

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »
I see so your the bloke with all the ads on ebay. To be honest with you the parts you've got only worth what people will pay and ill be surprised if any knew will pay those prices its only a 1990's polo at the end of the day. good luck with you're sales though.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 09:50:08 am »
yeah as above, irrelevant of any costs you might incur from stripping the car, the parts are still only worth what someone is willing to pay.

But with that in mind, this advert has no prices so please update with items and prices

cheers