Author Topic: My G bready from day 1 to present day  (Read 15502 times)

Offline POLOMON

• Members
Re: My G bready from day 1 to present day
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:09 am »
Naa, very light skim. Probably 1/6 of a bag of sugar kinda size, hardly anything. the flat bit that that scuttle is spot welded to from 1 side to another. Ive had decent practice with a grinder from various intricate bits in the past so i was able to grind through the majorit of spot welds, awkward ones got cut with a hacksaw or chisel then dressed with flap wheels.

Bought some more stuff too, nothing major just odds and sods to help with the build :-) :

Shells new colour, opinions welcome ofcourse i have to say i love it :

Offline mini mayhem

• Members
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 10:38:41 pm »
nice work Ben. the lightening is top class, as always

Offline erixtar1992

• Members
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »
thats good new then. cheers

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:32 pm »
Nice work dude!

Enjoying the Lawn Mower green bay and aluminium alloy fixings where appropriate. Spot a bit of bespoke AC TIG welding on the (mk1 Golf?) Thermo housing. Did the rad suffice?

Suprised you havn't located the Air intake in the o/s wheel arch. (Although if it floods like norfolk near you, probs wise!).

Andy

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:13 pm »
Cheers lads.
 Need to get on and do more yet Ryan, kinda planning out the fuel system at the minute so no body updates sorry.

Haha Andy the bays selvas green, supposed to be a rare VW colour and the body is going almond green :-P near enough mower green and creamy mower green lol.

Nice to see someone noticing the housing. Props to Arun (Phataz1) for that. A lot more alloy and custom stuff coming, just finding the time to get it all planned out really.  Rads excellent too cheers, gna have to 2" lift it to match the engine whilst its off the road, kept getting air locks in the thermo housing with the engine being so high lol. Self inflicted fail right there!

If I'm honest I rushed to get the G setup done and get it on the road so I could feel the smiles wipe across my face. The plan is to build a alloy box behind the bumper (fog light hole) for the filter. I've made a blank for the carbon canister that has a joiner so filter on arch side and tother side the charger with silicone and alloy. Just time really mate.

How's that polo of yours doing mate, haven't seen any updates in a fair old while?

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 02:15:02 pm »
Picture quality is really poor i know but gives everyone a idea of the overall colour scheme and things. Green, black and gold and polished stuff :-)

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 01:44:03 am »
Loving the colour there dude, looks top class with the gold and black/carbon. Nice work on the lightweighting!

Alisons coming along, just had to have a week off work due to a knackered and unhappy mk1 golf. Now back to 1986 325i smiles for a wee while, which should encourage me to finish Alison ASAP (40 litres of unleaded gone in circa 150 miles) and my daily commute is 40 miles round trip  :'(

I almost sold-out and went for finance on a bluemotion 1.2 polo/ora Work van, then reminded myself why I chose not to drive modern cars and the false economy of it, just for an easy (and boring) life. Im looking forward to being deafened on the way to work waiting for the engine to melt! ;D

Motor is all built up, just got a bit of welding left underneath and the horrible task of painting.. everywhere i turn atm it's all about paint! Feckin hate it!

Camera is fooked, hence the build-thread death!

Offline mini mayhem

• Members
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 03:11:34 pm »
Bens whats happened to the build?