Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 7849 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 10:16:45 am »
[quote author=PeteG40 link=topic=9131.msg64281#msg64281 date=1350737334
Robin gets called chairman yau, as his name is robin yau and he's chinese.

100% Chinese I hope. Back in the eighties I had a close friendship with a Mrs Yau. Her first name was Jacki, she was Scottish and a lovely looker. Unfortunately she had a real broken glass Glesca accent...a wee bit off putting. She also had a lovely wee boy who looked totally like his Chinese dad. Hmmm!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 01:08:34 pm »
Robin's not 100% cockle picker- his mum calls him a banana as he's yellow on the outside, white on the inside  :D

Although she give me & hayesey free fish cakes, so it's all blessed.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:38 pm »
That's as good as it gets on all fronts. A total lack of PC can be so refreshing nowadays.
I started this thread off after being told about a guy who worked in a food processing plant in Linconshire. He leaned over a conveyor belt and his overall caught in the belt and eventually pulled in his dong before shutdown. When he was released by his fellow workers, his dong was pretty sore and purple in colour. They started calling him "Bluebell". Against his union man's advice he decided to take his employers to an Industrial Tribunal for allowing his fellow workers to demean him. Bad move; tribunals are of course open to the public and the press.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 01:05:15 pm »
wouldnt take alot to find out which factory it was. all there seems to be round here!!

my mates all have silly nicknames.....

wills is bread (last names warburton)
jons is ribcage (skinny fucker), jaw (he got his broken!) or kiddy (surnames kidrowicz and he really has no standards for the birds he'd try and pull!)
craigs is ging (hair colour)
matts is rubberlips (has lips like a black guy!)

mines just coey. simple really.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
haha a few i know very well as good mates...

Joe H - Baby Chick as his receding hair line is leaving a fluffy bit at the front.
Joe G - Gay1 as he used to take an hour or so in the mirror before going out for a night out.
Jason - Ivan as when he gets too drunk he turns into Ivan the Terrible.
Rob - Dog - know one really knows.
Marc - Piggy as his diet and eating habits are nothing short of that of a pig.

Some of them have stuck pretty bad, Gay1 and Piggy cant shake them for love nor money which is comical bearing in mind they have had them for over 10 years now... we joke that they will be called by these names at their weddings!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 07:18:48 pm »
Got a good one a couple of weeks ago that I should have put in.

D'artagnon !

The guy's Scottish, but with heavy jet black hair and  dark brown skin, he could be taken for Iranian or Iraqi. With a little bit of Glesca speak, he was referred to as the dark tan yin. It didn't take too long for the name to stick and he's quite delighted with it being called Dick.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
 A wee bit sideways on the topic but car names; anyone know why you shouldn't drive a car that's called a Pajero?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »
No takers on this?  Mitsubishi had a pickup called the Shogun. They put out the Pajero 4x4 then noticed the  distinct lack of enthusiasm for it in the Spanish speaking countries. Hardly surprising as Pajero is Spanish for WANKER. Urgent re-branding saw the Pajero become the Shogun, the Shogun become the L200 and that left them with the problem of the LITTLE WANKERS, the MINI PAJEROS, the smaller petrol powered 4x4's whose name escapes me at this time.

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »
I used to work with a guy who pulled on some tube made into a billet for joining and welding it together
and when it came free, he stabbed it into his forhead about an inch above his eyebrows right in the center.

When it healed up it had a center ring about 8mm diamiter and loads of little lines coming to the ring from
about 20mm out from center all the way round.

He was duley named Ringpiece.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »
Wonder if he went home and told his missus "guess what the guys at work are calling me now? Maybe not.