Author Topic: Pulley size and chip  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Agent47

• Members
Pulley size and chip
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:54:52 am »
Be patient you've probably seen a lot of these, and I've read a lot already. Most of you guys seem to recommend/use a 65mm pulley with a PPP or other chip, at the expense of service intervals, I'm not sure i want to go that small for what will be pretty much a daily. On ebay.de there is a range of sizes, just wondering if anyone knows what the standard map can deal with before needing to pick up a chip?

Cheers

Luke

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Pulley size and chip
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:42:45 am »
the standard chip will work with any pulley size, it's  just you wont get full benefit of the the extra boost without a chip.  It'd be best to get a chip with any pulley you fit.

Offline Jacque

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »
i had the same concerns as you agent (about service interval)

i personally went for a 68mm pulley with chip & plugs (slstuning). had alot of service done (charger, waterpump, belt, ...) and since then (1.5-2 years) had no major problems! however they claim 140hp, but i don't think it's that much, only with exhaust & manifold, or other mods it would be around that. i m guessing 130 ish

what really made a difference for me were the shorter chargerbellts on the pulley (from roettelle), before that i had slip on the pulley= powerloss), now i dont!

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 09:26:46 am »
Where did you get the belt from? I'm experiencing a simliar thing, anytime i go over 4k i get belt squeal.

Offline Jacque

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »
very happy (still) about that belt & matching 68mm pulley, i bought them at www.roettele-racing.de 

If you have slip, it could also mean the tension on the bellts isnt high enough. you need a tool to get some tension on that charger when refastening it. the charger has a "square hole" on top of where the chargerpulley is fitted, use that hole to get some tension on the bellts.

when u have had slip, the bellts & pulley are probably worn in, i would buy new (steel) pulley + bells & tighen up that charger, =>even at 6000rpm+ no slip! (have tested it a few times, not regularly ;) )