Author Topic: won't start :-(  (Read 2617 times)

Offline POLOMON

• Members
won't start :-(
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:42:11 pm »
Bad news, the day has come for the big fire up and nothing.... Fuel pump primes on the stock 53 polo relay but nothing else. I would go checking but I've no idea where to shart, anyone help? :-(

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: won't start :-(
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 04:45:34 pm »
Assuming it's cranking, are you getting a spark? Pull king lead from dizzy and hold near suitable earth point, get someone to turn it over . If sparking are dizzy leads in correct sequence. All ok pull injector and turn over to see if fueling OK. That's the first quick checks.

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:33:20 pm »
There's nothing mate, no spark or cranking nothing. Just relay 53 clicks, pump primes and that's it. :-(

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:23:11 am »
Check the fusebox to cabin connectors are fully home first of all. Then check your starter wiring. It won't fire a spark or an injector unless the hall sender sees movement.

Offline POLOMON

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 09:58:55 am »
Orite andy, both fusebox plus are fully home, I remeber reading about that before. Also starter wiring, there's a 2 awg wire from my master switch inside the car and the 1 spade terminal. The other wires on there are the blue and red and are the alternator :-(
 Just lieing under the car now checking everything and all seems good :-(