Author Topic: Log book details  (Read 1447 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Log book details
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:59:33 pm »
Afternoon all just a quick question last year I took all my stuff out of my g40 and put it in a better shell.the shell I transfered everything to is an original g40 shell but hasn't been registered as one.ive made phone calls to the appropriate people at Vw and they have confirmed that the shell is indeed a g40. So the question I ask is can I change the details on my logbook so it is registered as a g40 and if so,how do it do it many thanks Matt

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Log book details
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:09:26 pm »
the DVLA will tell you.

how can the shell be a g40 one if it's not registered as so?  Was it a G40 that just had something else on the log book originally?

I did look into this once years ago and I believe at the time they just wanted some kind of confirmation letter from VW that it was OK to change the V5 to a different model.  Also the car will need to be 100% factory spec I believe (although how they determine this is a mystery to me).  That was a few years ago though, rules for such things are changing all the time to try to stop people "ringing" cars. 

DVLA might have the info on their website or it might take a phone call (although getting through to the right people who actually know can be an issue).

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »
Did VW confirm that in writing to you?  Then you might just need to send that off to the DVLA along with the change of details filled out on the V5.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:23:49 pm »
Vw couldnt explain why it wasnt registered as a g40 but they did did confirm it was a genuine g40 over the phone