Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Racheyg

• Members
Help!
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:36:07 pm »
Hi,
My G40 has been off the road for about 5 years,I'm looking to get a  full top and bottom Engine rebuild (all bearings and seals), Supercharger seals (was rebuilt approx. 10k miles) a New clutch, New suspension springs, struts and bushes all round. I have emailed and spoke to Jabbasport as they did my supercharger rebuild, but i have still not got a quote and I'm getting a little impatient. Who else is there that anyone recommends as I don't want any old cowboy touching my car? I really want to get her back on the road, I miss her  :'(

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:14 pm »
hi - welcome to the club.

Would be useful to know how handy you are with a spanner yourself

and also where your based?

Offline Racheyg

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:07 pm »
Thanx
We are based in Oxfordshire. My other half is more handy than me, he has done bits and pieces on my boring polo like the head gasket.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:42:20 am »
any decent engine rebuilders can do the engine, speak to a few local garages and see if they recommend anyone (they will have companies they use for such work).  There's really nothing special about a g40 engine, it's simple to work on.

As for the charger, perhaps Pete (above) has time?  He does some for some people.  Or Jabbasport could just do that part.

Things like removing the engine etc.... doing it yourselves is best.  If you want some kind of drive-in, drive-out full rebuild then I'm sure you'll find a garage willing to do it. They wont do things like the charger rebuild themselves and possibly not the engine either but they'll do all the work of taking things apart and sending off to where-ever.  Just talk to a few local mechanics about it,. the only unusual part is the charger.  Everything else is easy to work on.  But this option isn't going to be cheap!