Author Topic: BAck nearly  (Read 2622 times)

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
BAck nearly
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:36 pm »
The "year's wait after coming off carbamazipine" (a post lobectomy medication) is up soon, in 4 months I can drive, and she still looks perfect... I'll need a charger service I know after 3 years standing, but new bearings, seals and pumps should mean a nice motor for a bit, all new brakes and front suspension bits mean it feels lovely being pushed down the drive.. :-)

Here's to my baby, better than any human :-)
http://www.lightdiodedesigns.co.uk/images/car2012/

0bNEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
Re: BAck nearly
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »
Cor, good job had "one last look" before the MOT, rear suspension-bush nuts missing!! :-| Gooood job I check everything... She still won't (good job in hindsight) start even from a jump but I hope a new batttery will sort it after next giro-day...

Good luck with all your's... I will be driving mine sedately I promise, especially now her paint is she's as shiny as a button and all new suspension bits (GT arms admittedly) should make for a groovy-driving car, but looking like "a normal car", my kinda W-i-S-c I've dreamed of since the crash...
Cool, appolgies for any madness, it's inherent in the design! :-P
NEAL
(my "for fun only" www.LightDiodeDesigns.co.uk says a lot about me and why a G40 would be the only car for me! (lobotomized-worldclassYoYo&programming-supercharger-nutter) In geek terms, I've very little ram to work (since the removal of my right temporal lobe to cure late-onset-epilepsy with so if we've met before (over an hour ago), I'm sorry, I may not remember :-P

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »
Good to see you're getting on with the G mate - Looks lovely! Hope you enjoy the first drive!

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »
Gah, thanks, I appreciate the experts view, a labour of love (especially as petrol was only 89p/ltr when I last drove, £20/day on average then is now £40!)... I had the 1st G40 (the current engine's original owner) only 3 days before I wrote it off (not realising it'd spin the wheels with no clutch in 4rd gear at 40mph) and, on the 1st day even the dizzy hall-sensor packed up so was towed home too.

She was a real "present" from my 1975 Mini (1380/lightened/wedged/xDrilled/Ported etc) 's original owner for a *bargain*. An old Marconi Boss I really learned all about HP from (the mini was *special*, especially at 10000 revs!).  When I was 1st diagnosed epileptic I'd just bought a copy of the same engine (miniSprint/MED Leicester) for £3500 when my license was taken away (and my 18year old bird@theTime learned to drive in it and I lost it after) That was capable of driving on 2 wheels and the quaife added so much fun! :-)

I bought her thinking my epilepsy was a short lived affair (the HappyHardcore DJing I thought was a factor, incorrectly) and I'd just got a new job to pay for her.. :-) The new body came from a *nice* GT, and I drove her for 2 years before waking in an ambulance with the car shashed to pieces (Leicester A46) after a siezure at the wheel (but I get no memory of anything at all around the time, that's how it works with massive brainial-electrical-storms)....
Cool, we'll meet one day I hope..
NEAL