Author Topic: Alarm on insurance  (Read 1550 times)

Offline JregGT

• Members
Alarm on insurance
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
Only a quick one folks, just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar. This year I have insured my car with adrain flux. No problems with the policy etc. but they have now sent me a letter asking for the certification of the alarm being fitted. They only asked when quoting did it have a thatcham approved alarm. Which it does, a toad ai606. But I did not have it fitted, it was already fitted to the car. I don't have any certification, so will ring tomorrow to see what they say, just wondered if anyone had, had this. Cheers Rich

Offline g40will

• Members
Re: Alarm on insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:23:25 pm »
Yeh they will tell you to get it certified by someone thatcham registered this will cost you £50 to £100 unless youve got a mate in the trade

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28:50 pm »
do a reciept saying

'big dave's alarms, 2 lock keepers cottages london e3 2nn

bish bash bosh, alarm fitted to thatcham cat one, no messing

cost - a monkey

big dave'

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:42 am »
there's a list of approved installers that the insurance people can look up and each one has a unique ID and stamp.  It depends what the insurance company does, if they just glance at it then OK, if they decide to check it out they'll probably refuse to insure you no matter what!

I'm currently in basically the same situation now.  My green polo insurance renewal was too high so I've found a company who'll do it on a classic policy.  But when I phoned yesterday to pay for it they suddenly piped up saying it needs a cat2 immobiliser or better.  So I've managed to book it in this morning to somewhere near work to get one fitted!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 09:22:30 am »
phone a couple of places up, I know a mate of mine had a similar thing and just got one to examine the alarm and do a certificate for it.