Author Topic: New supercharger run-in  (Read 3322 times)

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
New supercharger run-in
« on: July 16, 2012, 06:26:26 pm »
Right, So Ive brought a stage 4 jabbasport recon supercharger, and before i brought it, it had been run in the recommended 350miles. Since owning it, i have had it sat in my room with no use at-all.  

Now i want to put it in the car, do i need to lubricate it with anything before hand? Or can i just put it on, and run it in gently with the engine oil?  

Any help please!  ;D

Cheers.  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:50:53 pm by 1982mk1 »

Offline AlexG40

• Members
Re: New supercharger run-in
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:02:23 am »
You haven't said how long its been sitting but bearing in mind I used to leave my car un-driven for months personally I would just fit it and run it. Just take it easy for a few miles till it's warmed up properly.

Offline xandyx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:05:47 am »
does it spins free by hand?

before running the car, install the charger without v-belts and let it idle for 1 minute to fill charger oil circuit, after that, put the belts back on and drive it gently for a few days.

Offline 1982mk1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:11:47 pm »
does it spins free by hand?

before running the car, install the charger without v-belts and let it idle for 1 minute to fill charger oil circuit, after that, put the belts back on and drive it gently for a few days.

Cheers guys! The charger has been sat in my room for about 6months, but like i said, its only done 350miles since jabba had it. Recon ill run it in super gentle with out the belts on for a while!

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:38:45 pm »
Recon ill run it in super gentle with out the belts on for a while!

Just incase you've misunderstood, you can't run a charger in without the belts on. You couldn't drive the car either what with the alternator needing the belts on to work.

Previous advise was to ensure the charger was full of oil by ideling with the belts off before fitting the belts & running in. While running in drive off boost and keep revs below 3k for a while (100 miles maybe).

Personaly I've never started with belts off but instead I disconnect the hall sender and crank it few times to get some oil in the pipes before starting for real.