Author Topic: wiring- 1.0 J Reg, locating yellow pump/diagnostic/rev counter or ecu power plug  (Read 11898 times)

Offline POLOMON

• Members
Everyone loves pictures, updating this now to help anyone out in the future who might be having difficulties themselves.

P.s. ignore the scissors, they are for cutting the cable ties since i broke my snips :-(

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
i angled my rad so the passenger side sat further forwad, and it gave the clearance from the charger outlet pipes.

i want your rocker cover :(

Offline POLOMON

• Members
I shimmied it towards the passenger chassis leg by 1" in the end mate.
 The charger hosuing itself was sat on the rad cap (engine lift didn't help), as it was pushing the rad back even more it was sitting on the boost pipe then so moving the rad has solved it all :-)
 Rads 1" closer to the passengers side and intercooler about 10mm closer to the drivers side so they still fit next to each other which they didn't fit atall before. All that to fit a golf top fill rad ha.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
I can't understand why this has become so complicated, I've done several conversions into mk3's now and its always been a plug n play from the fuse box forward ??? Have you had to make your own engine loom or are you putting it in a mk2?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:48:37 pm by Nick_S »

Offline POLOMON

• Members
Neither Nick, the loom is the same as a second G40 one I have and all connectors are correct. Car is a J reg mk3.
 I just don't have that yellow plug, atall.... Now she won't live as I'm sure you have read :-( I hate wiring so this conversion seemed a good idea, how wrong was I.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Sounds like you have a crap g40 loom then. Have you got the lighting loom in the engine bay from the g40 or is it the original from your car?

Offline POLOMON

• Members
Well I have 2 G40 engine looms, both are identical and 1 came out of a running car. im using a G40 ec loom and a stock 1.0 engine loom. The car i took this engine out of had the yellow plug i mentioned and that was a 1.0, mine doesent however and he wired it the same way as me.

The plug I'm missing is on the polo loom, not the G40 loom. Its ment to be on a clip in the scuttle tray next to the fog light plug, ivew moved all my loom inside but I 100 percent don't have the yellow half of the plug I'm ment too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:51:39 am by POLOMON »

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
If its in the engine bay area next to the ECU then its part of the engine loom and not the interior mk3 loom. Fog light plug is in this area too. If it is from within the interiror loom i.e two 1 pin diagnostic plugs or the yellow one pin fuel pump supply, I suggest you raid the plugs from a mk3 at a scrap yard and graft back into yours.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:23:58 pm by Nick_S »

Offline POLOMON

• Members
She livessss!

Its on the white plug for the fusebox, its part of the headlight loom :-)
 I put the spade terminal (red with black tracer) on the wrong side of the starter motor lol. That's all :-D

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Easy done. You'll not be the last with that one.

Offline POLOMON

• Members
Haha, still feel a idiot, but she lives so I'm happy :-)

Thanks everyone for the assistance.

Just to add, the yellow plug I don't have, I spliced the red and yellow from my G loom to my spi injector loom but I was left with a wire on the G side of the plug that was either ecu switched live or rev counter live (a red with black tracer).... Well its neither revs or ecu live! The car lives and the revs work! So anyone able to help on that haha? Its just taped up for now as I've no use for it as far as I can work out.

Thanks again everyone for the help :-)