Author Topic: Oil pressure gauge  (Read 2120 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Oil pressure gauge
« on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:37 pm »
Evening all just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of fitting a oil pressure gauge to their 40.i had one once but bottled it and never fitted it.so if anyone has fitted one would they be kind enough to tell me how to fit it and what kind of Gauge to buy thanks all

Offline JregGT

• Members
Re: Oil pressure gauge
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:36 am »
Hi matey, I personally bought a mechanical gauge (instead of electrical which uses a sender.) I have my gauge fitted when my radio was, so simply routed the copper oil feed pipe through an existing hole in the bulk head towards the back of the head. Here I removed the sender and replaced it with a T piece, which the sender goes into, and also the oil feed pipe to the gauge. To power the illumination of the gauge, I came off the illumination ring for the cigarette lighter! If i remember correctly, I searched around alot (i.e prices etc) and it ended up being easiest, and sensible money to just order one from Demon Tweeks.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/gauges/tim-oil-pressure-gauge-mechanical

That is the gauge I have, looks like its gone up a few pounds since I bought it. But for ease, when I bought, it came complete with all fittings etc.

Hope this helps matey

Offline matthg40

• Members
Re: Oil pressure gauge
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:24:19 pm »
Nice one for the reply mate that's a big help funnily enough that's one I've been looking at many thanks matt