Author Topic: Thinking of selling up.  (Read 3828 times)

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Thinking of selling up.
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:24:35 pm »
Ive not had ownership of the polo for long since i put the G engine inside her, but its come to the time to sell up i think, I have too many projects on the go at the moment and the funds are drying up. I have been contemplating getting the R1 upgrade done on the charger but i just couldnt justify it in the end.

The polo was supposed to be my daily driver and now it has turned into more of a project car which is pointless seeing as i have so many others on the go at the moment.

An engine came up at the right price for my supra so i have splashed out on that instead as that is my dream car and has always been my favourite hence why im not selling that instead.

Seeing as my car is a breadvan model its not going to be worth much, so unfortunatly its going to have to be offered to the parts gods and split up to re-coupe the costs, so keep you eyes on the for sale section within the next month or so for parts.

I have had an absolute blast in the polo so far and would love to keep on going but i just cant justify it any more, and the reliability has been letting me down slightly too, I just want something i can get into in the morning and know its going to get me to where i want to be.

have my eye on a toyota corolla T Sport at the moment and thats looking like a good gar to replace the G for the time being.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
Re: Thinking of selling up.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »
T sport has been bought, so im now driving that as my daily.

Im torn whit what to do with my polo, I still have all the origional engine and gearbox.

Do i

A: put the old engine back in and sell the car as a 1.3 as i dont want to be left with a shell on my drive for ages.
B: break the lot and split for parts.
C: sell the polo as it is with the g inside and make a loss overall. As i wont get back what ive put into it.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 03:18:14 pm »
is the shell a decent one?  clean with no rust

If so then it's worth saving, otherwise probably just break it for parts.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:26:44 pm »
The shell its self isnt to bad, obviously its got some rust but nothing major, its the body panels that let it down. Like the door it has a rust patch under the rubber at the top of the window which will soon be rusting through.

The body will probs have to go as a rolling shell as its on ta technics shocks and springs that have only covered 200 miles since i put them on. There probs worth more than the shell.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 03:57:09 pm »
the shell is probably worth more as scrap than anything else though.  I can't see anyone wanting it unless it's mint.  See if you can find someone with some old suspension they'll give you to put on it?  Or get a scrapyard person to come and get it with a hiab (although they probably wont pay you for it then).

Or cut it into pieces and take it like that.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »
I know im parting it out but i dont know ive got the heart to cut it into bits lol  :(

Offline rsmark86

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:58 pm »
im looking for a g40 at the moment.

doesnt matter to me if its a conversion..

pm what you have?

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »
Right folks,

Ive decided to strip the old conversion down, but i thought before i start, if any one is intrested in the engine etc... I would give them a chance to come and listen to make sure they are buying a runner and not a dud.

I will be starting in about a week's time so if you want to come and listen give me a PM.

Offline Fred

• Members
  • Fred
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:52 am »
You say you still have the original 1.3ltr engine Gavin.

Was that single point injection and how many miles on that.

Fred.

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:11 pm »
Fred

sent you a PM

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »
In everyones perspective what would you say this lot would cost as a complete setup for a complete conversion, absolutley everything required for a conversion.

•   Complete standard g40 engine 120k
•   De-wedged throttle body
•   GT inlet manifold
•   G40 fuel rail + g40 standard injectors
•   Standard polo gearbox (not ATV)
•   Stage 2 Jabba supercharger + braided oil feed lines (idealy needs a service)
•   All intercooler  pipes (hard plastic boost pipes + rubber/silicone ones)
•   Standard Intercooler
•   All electric sensors
•   G40 engine loom
•   G40 ECU
•   New thermostat housing + thermostat
•   Dizzy + leads + plugs + ignition coil (coil is new covered 1000miles)
•   Engine mounts
•   Supercharger mounts
•   Valves (flying saucer etc…)
•   Standard airbox + pipes + powerflow panel filter.
•   Supercharger standard V belts + 65mm charger pulley.
•   New fuel pump, looks fecked due to a rubbing issue on the hanger and had to repair it.

Im sure there are a few parts ive missed.

I have had a lot of people asking what i would sell the complete conversion for. Bearing in mind I had to source a hell of a lot of this stuff from german ebay and off our ebay etc... coming in at a total of around £1700-£1800 just in parts including delivery on the items etc..

Any help would be great, i have a figure in my head but wanted to know what you lot thought its worth?

Gav

Offline rsmark86

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »
i got a grand cash on collection?