Author Topic: Newbie from Newcastle  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Jase

• Members
Newbie from Newcastle
« on: March 10, 2012, 10:53:11 pm »
Hi there. Recently picked myself up a 1.0 polo genesis for a measly £300 and decided to join up on here. Main reason being as i want and NEED to make it better/faster than it is. I actually cant seem to leave a car alone it seems!

Anyways....i have been searching around youtube and the 'internetz' looking for g40 bits and bobs. Considered a gt engine but now im convinced i need a g40!

Come August time? Il be looking for a g40 engine, gearbox, loom etc. Are they as rare to pick up as im thinking? Iv heard they're closely based on the gt engine, is there any way to convert gt to g40?

Any help will be appreciated and i hope to be here a while and learn more about these little beauties!

Thanks for reading! :)

Jase

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Newbie from Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:55:51 pm »
Hi, welcome to the forum. It's not really feasible to convert a gt engine, itd basically require all the bits from g40 engine anyway. They are rare but do come up for sale from time to time.

Offline chris2911

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:33 am »
what newcastle u from, if its newcastle upon tyne im also here and got a g40 you can be a passanger in to see how qwick
they are.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:05:59 am »
How do!
Save money hassle and time and just G40 it. Or buy a G40 and flog the 1.0 on. Keep your eye on the for sale section on here, there's normally a couple of conversions/ damaged G40's knocking about at any time. You'll get an idea of the going rate for them too so when the time comes you'll already have done your research and can snap up a bargain!

Offline Jase

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:51:13 pm »
what newcastle u from, if its newcastle upon tyne im also here and got a g40 you can be a passanger in to see how qwick
they are.

I know who you are, its Jason...used to have the blue zr....met you a few times...but its garages now to get a few bits sorted for next year so i can take it on a few track days