Author Topic: 1.5TD Isuzu engined Corsa  (Read 3573 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
1.5TD Isuzu engined Corsa
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:30:41 am »
Hello,

I'm after a quick sale here, so feel free to make an offer/ swap for interesting stuff.

M reg 1.5 TD Corsa Isuzu lump. LS model I think?
Completely standard
Tax: Sep
MOT: Jun

Price: £250 ono, swaps welcome for anything interesting, not neccesarily car related.

Details: Not a minter by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a taxed and MOT'd car for a few hundred quid! It has a dent in the left front wing that's been painted in a greeny blue to prevent rust setting in (the car is a light blue sort of colour). The ashtray seems to be hanging out. I think the glowplugs are a bit tired as on really cold mornings (like we had in Jan) I had to flick the ign on/off 2-3 times to warm the plugs enough to start it. 4x good tyres on it, nothing seems to leak or rattle, etc. There is a high pitched whine for a min or two after start up, then the fanbelt screeches a bit and it's gone after that, so assume it to be the belt warming/loosening up. They're only a tenner or something though.

Ideal runaround if you can sort the iffy running issue (see below for the full story). I bought it as a stop-gap car so am not willing to spend money investigating problems/ can't really be arsed to spend any time on it if I'm honest. I've lined up a bike to use temporarily instead so it's surplus to requirements!

I bought a Corsa 3weeks ago off a work mate whilst I save up for a Quaife diff for my polo (gearbox went). However, it started cutting out slightly on the motorway (did 80miles daily for 9 days with no trouble). I replaced the fuel filter (filled with diesel, etc so don't think there's any air locks) air filter and cabin filter 2 days after it started playing up.
I also have oil and filter to fit (was going to do this after it ran ok again).

The cutting out issue started after I topped up with 1 litre of oil (just below max mark when warm) I'd done 20miles on the motorway when it started cutting out, as if it was being starved of fuel/ ignition cut off (but it's diesel- so it doesn't have an ignition system? Unless it's got a crank sensor or something that's faulty perhaps? I may be wrong though). So I'm not sure if this is related or coincidence. Over the next two days it progressively got worse until I tried to go to work one morning (ice/ snow) I had to jump start it off my G40 as the battery went flat, it ticked over for ten mins with no trouble, then cut out 1/4 mile up the road. Restarted straight away, then cut out 1/4 mile later. Same again, restarted straight away but now struggled ticking over, regardless of what position the throttle was in, blipping, foot down, lift off, didn't seem to make any difference. It cleared up after a min or two so I decided to go home. Cut out again about 1/4 mile later. I just managed to get it started again (struggled due to battery) and I was now in traffic. Cut out for the 4th time and wouldn't restart as the battery was dead, so I rolled down the hill parked it on the road and it's sat there for over a week.

email: ereeiz@hotmail.com
PM me here
Ring/ text: 07899 752331 If I don't answer please leave a message with your name so I can call you back.