Author Topic: POSSIBLE BOOST LEAK? NEAR HEADLIGHT  (Read 3020 times)

Offline retrowagen1234

• Members
POSSIBLE BOOST LEAK? NEAR HEADLIGHT
« on: November 01, 2008, 05:15:41 pm »
Im not sure as im fairly new to this.   but ive noticed that my g isnt as fast as i thought it would be.   i was at work with the bonnet up and blipped the throttle with my hand and noticed some cobwebs by the nearside  headlight move.  i put my hand in the gap and did it again and it feels like a small breeze if i rev it.     is there a small valve or breather there?  also the bottom on the boost pipe going over the rad has some oily dirt on at the point it turns to go up toward the scuttle.

any ideas guys?  Dan

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: POSSIBLE BOOST LEAK? NEAR HEADLIGHT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »
Could be, your going to have to check all the pipes for splits, if the jubilee clips are loose the soft hoses tend to blow off the hard pipes. keep bliping the throttle and searching for the leak. There's no valve or breather down there, the nearest thing is the pipe that Tee's off the bottom of the hard pipe near the header tank to go down to the idle stabilisation valve.

Offline retrowagen1234

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 08:06:26 am »
ok dude cheers,  ill check it out later today.   hopefully i can get it sorted,   gotta get some other lil things sorted too  but shes gettin there  ;D

Offline G-spot

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:56:21 am »
As raw said, its not unusual for the hose to slip of the plastic ducting, pop your grill of and check the clips on the stubby hose fom the intercooler to the plastic duct, also give your flexible boost hose an inspection, they can split!