Author Topic: poor idle and part throttle hesitant on a turbo conversion  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: poor idle and part throttle hesitant on a turbo conversion
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 06:50:25 pm »
Did you ever find out what spec the random chip you've got is for? Hopefully it is just an incompatibility issue there.

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:54 pm »
No mate, Not been able to find anything out. Thats why i've been trying to check everything else, The car has been driven in and out of a unit every day for 6 weeks only going in and out on cold start for weeks has caused the fuel in the oil I think. It hasn't had a run to get to temp. I will check all the sensors etc on Thursday night, Like I said it runs fine just idles a bit poor and cuts out when you come to a stop. But starts perfect everytime and as soon as you get some air into the engine it drives brilliant 2500rpm + and it is really nice to drive. If you have any more ideas let me know. Just a thought I am having to run the lupo ecu just to run the fuel pump could this be the cause of anything ? I can't see it to be honest

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 05:20:35 pm »
If you look on youtube and search for lupo turbo 1.6 8v there are some videos of the car running. The first run one is shocking by the way no downpipe on it

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 03:29:05 pm »
Thats not really a helpful reply I've been trying to sort this for ages, As for the fuel in the oil, The car has been driven in and out of a unit every day and night for 6 weeks and never been up to temp.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 09:33:25 am »
that shouldn't mean the oil gets loads of fuel in it, it must be overfuelling horrendously for that to happen.  It'll be being bore-washed too which isn't good.

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:07 pm »
Yes I know it would be bore washing it, this is why i wanted to sort this out. But I have found the problem now and it was the co pot that was reading 1800 ohms reset it to 650 and it runs fine now (only thing i had to buy that didn't come with the management conversion). But I'm not driving it to mapping because I don't know chip spec. This isn't my first engine build. I used to build engines for a well known tuner But never got involved in mapping them. But all is well now and it is sorted Thanks for everyones help on here. Some more helpful than others.

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 05:52:11 pm »
Yes I know it would be bore washing it, this is why i wanted to sort this out. But I have found the problem now and it was the co pot that was reading 1800 ohms reset it to 650 and it runs fine now (only thing i had to buy that didn't come with the management conversion). But I'm not driving it to mapping because I don't know chip spec. This isn't my first engine build. I used to build engines for a well known tuner But never got involved in mapping them. But all is well now and it is sorted Thanks for everyones help on here. Some more helpful than others.

Isn't 1800Ω leaner set that 650Ω?

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »
All mapped up now and apart from a minor gasket issue a perfect day. Many thanks to Andy for doing his thing it's really nice to drive now and running brilliant !

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:39 am »
good stuff!  any ideas on what power it might be making?

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »
Dont know I'm replacing all the manifold and turbo gaskets this week, Giving it a spanner check and oil and filter then a quick power run on a set of rollers only one run as I dont like rolling roads but im curious about how much power it's running too  ;D

Offline timmitime

• Members
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 04:38:57 pm »
This has now done 1000 miles and has been perfect !! Many thanks andy for your hard work mapping it for me ! roll on gti international and get some strip time in it ! ;D

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:07 pm »
Excellent! Keep us updated :)