Author Topic: hose kits  (Read 1316 times)

Offline norfolkvw

• Members
hose kits
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:19:44 am »
anybody know if a company does a kit for the g40? or anybody no what sizes to get?
thanks

Offline randombadger69

• Members
Re: hose kits
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:01:39 pm »
Are you after boost hoses or coolant pipes?

When I spoke to samco regarding a coolant hose kit (years ago), they said they didn't list one, but if i sent a kit to them they would make it available. I may have a set of hoses that could be sacrificed if this is the case.

As regards boost hoses I think im right in saying they're 57mm internal and can be bought in standard straight lengths, 45's and 90's etc. Just a case of measuring up. The lower elbow to ic im using a chopped down 45 degree elbow, not perfect, but not far off.

Offline norfolkvw

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »
cheers mate il have alook, just want to tidy up the engine abit

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 08:14:41 pm »
i wonder how much samco would charge. I wouldn't mind replacing all my coolant hoses.

Would there be enough interest on here for a group buy you think?

If they are still able to do them and can get a ruff price who would be interested? I know a local scrappy has got all the hoses so wouldnt be a problem sending them off. I would even send mine off as i dont drive it that much.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »
i want to be interested..

but the likeliness of it being £100 or under... ?! 

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:23:16 pm »
Well its only 7 hoses?

I would say they are gonna charge at least £15-20 a hose. I would ask around as samco are more expensive, i use sfs and viper performance and its all the same just what brand you wanna pay for on the hose.