Author Topic: g45 chargers available through g-laderseite aka Max RPM  (Read 13050 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: g45 chargers available through g-laderseite aka Max RPM
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 08:29:50 am »
Yeah gonna look into it  :o

Prob gonna do it at the end of the year though as i want to drive the car through the summer this year, unlike last year. And nerburg pencilled in for may.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 08:54:50 am »
best thing to do is to look out for a used, slightly damaged (apex seal ends) g60 scroll on dubforce or something.  (or german ebay) Should be pretty cheap...  then casings are easier to come by - or use a g40 charger and sell the scroll.

if you want big powers  g60 chargers can be affordable,  Was a stage 4 with 5,000 miles since rebuilt on ebay for £400 last week,

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
  • MaxRPM - The tuning shop for your car
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 09:00:02 am »
Hello Jezza-7,

the price for a complete G65 is 1649,99 EUR + 21,- EUR for shipping.

The price is incl. all parts (G65 racing displacer, case parts, all wearing parts, ...).

More infos, you can see here: http://www.maxrpm.de/RS-G65-Supercharger-convertion-complete

Many greetings,

Thorsten

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:36 am »
Cheers for that Thorsten!

Do you make a complete kit for the fitting to a G40? Like the bracket and a toothed belt kit?

Woukd you recommend fitting a standalone oil kit for the bearings in the lader?

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:02 pm »
Hello,

we do not have a kit with all the parts, you will need to covert to a G60-charger. But most of the parts, we have in our onlineshop like the bracket and the 5PK-conversion kit. Likewise, we have a toothed belt kit, but it's a little bit more expensive.

Sorry about, but please can you explain, what you mean with "standalone oil kit".

Ciao, Thorsten

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 01:51:58 pm »
Oh ok i will have a look for them.

It is a separate oil supply for the bearings in the charger. Instead of putting the engine oil through the charger we/some people use a kit that puts better quality oils, that wont be as dirty as the engine oil, through the charger. This helps the charger bearings by giving them a longer life and the tempreature does not get as hot.

When you did the testing did you just use the standard oil lines from the engine?

Many thanks.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 02:06:58 pm »
Cant seem to find the belt conversion kit. How much is the 5pk one and the toothed kit?

With the bracket, would you have to change the tensioner pulley for a toothed one if you went to a toothed belt kit? If so, how much would that cost?

Thanks

James

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:14 pm »
Hello,

thanks, I understand. This is interesting, but I see no need in it, because:

1) When using fully synthetic oil, you have the best conditions for a good lubrication; even at high temperatures.
2) When you change regularly the bearings (for example all 60tkm or every 2-3 years), you will not get any problems with the bearings.

Here are the links:

Ciao, Thorsten
[/list]

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:06 pm »
Thankyou very much for that.

So for the charger it is 1649,99 EUR
For the bracket it is 85.00 EUR
For the toothed kit 229.00 EUR

All together i would be looking at 1963.99 EUR

I would also need the spacer as well for the toothed kit, remember seeing something about that in the description. Could i not use my toothed kit i currently run with the spacer?

Would i need anything else? I know i would have to get a front mount intercooler and all the pipe work plus a remap.

Trying to see if i can afford it as this will be a project at the end september over the winter.

Thanks again Thorsten

James

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 03:06:58 pm »
Hello James,

when using a G60 with the toothed kit, you need a some "bigger" spacer. When you order the parts, please remember me. There are no more costs because of the "bigger" spacer.

What you still need is a MAP-sensor (pressure sensor), which have a bigger measuring range (http://www.maxrpm.de/Boost-pressure-sensor-250-kPa-15-Bar-MAP-Sensor) and a modified tuningchip for the G65-charger.

A fitting tuningchip for the G65-charger, we don't have in our onlineshop. But when you give us a list with all the changes on your engine (for example when you still have a tuning camshaft, modificated cylinder head, ...), we can offer a fitting tuningchip for 150,- EUR.

Or as a option it would be perfect, when you can drive to a local dyno next to you to make a optimum engine/software setup.

When the time is there, that you will start your project, please mail us. We will make you a offer for all the parts.

Many greetings,

Thorsten

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 07:10:13 pm »
Thorsten,

Thanks for the information.

Do you sell fully ported G60 chargers? Been looking into the cost of it all and the G65 charger might be the thing i would struggle to buy.

James

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »
Hello James,

sorry, when I must ask again, what do you mean with "fully ported". When I understand you write, all G65-chargers are ported (modificated) G60-chargers.

The G65-charger is not a brand new charger. But after all the modifications, it's "like new".

Ciao, Thorsten

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »
Sorry, the "fully ported" is pretty much similar to the way you port the G60 charger but not as ported to make it a G65 charger. If that makes sense?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 10:17:54 am »
gah, the options are endless. I'm glad I've run out of money for power mods or I'd be seriously looking at getting one.

Thorsten; I think it would be of great benefit to you and your customers if you  could create a table of power outputs/ flow rates for the various charger levels. It would give customers a quick idea of what sort of difference they could expect and if it's worth doing or not.

Offline MaxRPM

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 10:23:25 am »
Hello,

no problem, here is the table with the airflow:

- G40: 566ccm³ per rotation
- G45: 635ccm³ per rotation
- G60: 860ccm³ per rotation
- G65: 925ccm³ per rotation