Author Topic: Bumper red stripe  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Bumper red stripe
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:14:31 pm »
I know this has come up and been asked before but i got the red tape from halfords and having trouble getting it to stick. What was the original stripe made of? Was it like pressed into the bumper?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
Re: Bumper red stripe
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:25:13 pm »
Its vinyl I think mate, quite thick stuff. I searched the UK and found one VW roll left in stock about three years ago. try cleaning up the bumper where it sticks first mate.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:30:46 pm »
Yeah i have left it clean for about 2 months now, i mean not putting autoglym bumper care.

Might get in touch with a few body shop places and see what they got.

Offline xandyx

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 12:13:07 am »
use an hair dryer when doing the job. it melts the glue and sticks a lot better.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:10 am »
yeah ok will try that. We got some stuff at work called edge sealer which is like a clear glue/lacquer that i was going to use. Its really good stuff but not sure how it would look on the bumper. Would be a masking tape job to prep it.

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:35:25 pm »
Jezza, I'd have thought the bumper would need a thorough degrease where the tape is gonna go if you want it to stick properly.
Agree with xandyx on using a hair dryer, especially in the cold weather. Warm the tape and the bumper too.