Author Topic: Eaton help  (Read 3022 times)

Offline BIG4244

• Members
Eaton help
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:16:09 pm »
Hi, new to the forum after some advice raly, got a 6n polo 1.6 MPI with ports opened up, newman high lift cam, vernier pulley, 4 branch manifold, the normal realy, but it spun a shell ruining the crankshaft, basicaly i want to put a 1.4 crank (which will fit) which will lower the compression, will the fuel from the 1.6 injection system be enough to run an eaton m45 charged 1.4 without it leaning off etc? any help much appreciated

Offline TomG401991

Re: Eaton help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:56:43 pm »
best thing to do would probibly be send it to jabba or someone like them and get them to re-map your ecu to match exactly

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Eaton help
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:44:28 pm »
lower the CR to what?  Wants to be something like 8:1 (same as a g40) or 9:1 to be able to run enough boost to make it worthwhile.  If it's lower than that then the car will drive horribly off boost.

I'd also be worried about the con rods, they are known to be pretty weak in those 6n engines, not sure how much boost they'll take.

No way the stock fuelling system is going to be able to supply enough fuel, even without doing any calculations or knowing what size injectors it has I'd say you've got no chance of just being able to leave it alone.  Will no doubt need bigger injectors and a custom remap.