Author Topic: How to repair door card plastic coating  (Read 2444 times)

Offline type-r-dunk

• Members
How to repair door card plastic coating
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:18:42 pm »
Hi guys
On my passenger door card the plastic coating on it in the front of the door pocket has pulled away from the card itself.
Has anyone had this and managed to sort it?
Thanks in advance, Duncan

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: How to repair door card plastic coating
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 04:59:01 am »
What's caused it?

Do you mean the plastic door pocket that stores everything has come off/ apart? Or are you referring to some vinyl or something?

Offline type-r-dunk

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:51 pm »
It's the vinal on the door card down at the bottom in the pocket.
I think a pic is needed, don't you.
Dunx

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:44:11 am »
A picture speaks 1000 words, etc.

Have you looked at the back of the door card? When they get removed people often take the plastic membrane off the door. Then when it rains/ any water goes on the window it pisses down the inside and the back of the door card and sits on the bottom and rots it, the door card is only made of reinforced card type stuff so it doesn't take long to rot through and end up like wet cardboard. Could be that, so it's just peeled off the door card due to the card being knackered.

They sit in little guides too (Golfs do, struggling to remember about polos) and they can bend/ weaken and make the face of the door card peel off.

If it is knackered then something like letting it dry naturally and pasting a shit load of PVA onto the back (so it soaks in- may need to water it down, a la 5 year old school project stylee) and letting it soak in/ dry should make it firm. Then get some glue to redo the front? Or buy vinyl wrap and heatgun it on over the top.

OR just buy another door card, that's what I'd do :D