Author Topic: What is the best setup for a low budget track spec G40?  (Read 2700 times)

Offline tomzern

• Members
What is the best setup for a low budget track spec G40?
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »
Hi!

My friends and I are building a track spec G40, but we're on a tight budget.

What kind of upgrades should we do to the suspension to get the best possible handling without using lots of money?

Ta-technics coilovers or H&R cupkit 60/40mm? Or should we buy the GAZ coilovers for some extra bucks?

We have decided to buy a PPP stage 2 subframe. Is there a big difference in handling between stage 2 and 3?

The car will also be fitted with a full roll cage, and new bushings all around.

Regards,

Tomzern

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: What is the best setup for a low budget track spec G40?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »
i've not found a massive amount of difference between a stage 2 and 3 frame, however i've not really driven the car in anger since fitting the stage 2 as im currently running in a new charger.

In my opinion they are singlehandedly the best modification you can do to a Mk1-3 Polo!

i'd go for the H&R cup kit (its what ive ran on 3 of my cars now) and if your budget will allow go for the GAZ coilies. I wouldnt settle for TA Technix coilies, as if your spending that kind of money you might as well spend that little bit extra and go for the GAZ jobbies

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »
Orite mate. I have a set of TA tecknix coilovers with new skf wheel bearings and hubs and top mounts from euro car parts. Basically they are ready to put straight on the car. I only had them on my car for less than a 100 miles from new, the shocks are too stiff for the roads in the highlands but would be ok for a track car. Pm if your interested.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 03:31:07 pm »
If your still looking you can get gaz fully adjustable coilovers for £500 plus vat direct from gaz.

Offline Tav

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:47 pm »
If your still looking you can get gaz fully adjustable coilovers for £500 plus vat direct from gaz.

That sounds up my street!

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »
Thats what im going through now but just struggling to find donor struts.