Author Topic: Gladerseite vs Super Pro vs Powerflex  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Breaderzz

• Members
Gladerseite vs Super Pro vs Powerflex
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:21:58 am »
As per title really, need to replace mine. Any experiences, especially from those who have used more than one type greatly appreciated.

Will be using with ARB blocks.

Cheers, Liam

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: Gladerseite vs Super Pro vs Powerflex
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:06:06 am »
Afaik super pro n powerflow only do standard replacement bushes, not blocks. So wont correct the geometry of a lowered car

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:48 am »
Will be using with ARB blocks.

Gladerseite bushes are nylon meaning they are very stiff and will reduce ride quality. Powerflex outter bushes are a poor design and will rip up in no time. A friend with a 55hp coupe s broke a set within 1k hard miles, G40's eat them right up.

Offline Breaderzz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
Afaik super pro n powerflow only do standard replacement bushes, not blocks. So wont correct the geometry of a lowered car

I shoukd have been clearer. Will be running arb blocks from gladerseite, trying to decide on tca bushes, obviously the the gladerseite ones will involve getting rose jointed tcas.

Basically want abit of feedback, on the differant types. Life span, improvment, value for money etc.

Cheers, liam

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:23 pm »
you dont need to get rose jointed TCAs to run the G-ladersiete outer bushes, although using G40 items are better to start off with.

ive ran with both in my time, and as phil has found, the powerflex ones have torn, which isnt good!

Offline Breaderzz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 02:53:27 pm »
you dont need to get rose jointed TCAs to run the G-ladersiete outer bushes, although using G40 items are better to start off with.

ive ran with both in my time, and as phil has found, the powerflex ones have torn, which isnt good!

So what would you run on the inner bush? As obviously the gladerseite ones are only the outer ones.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:55 pm »
i run rose-jointed G40 tca's. but the gladerseiete TCA's look good if a little pricey. probably worth it, as finding decent G40 tca's is tricky these days

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:05 am »
g40s have rose-joints in the inner TCA anyway, or do you not have the normal g40 TCAs? 

Offline Breaderzz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:06 am »
no ive got a GT.

But im planning on converting it so when i replace things im looking to replace them with things that will be good enough for when its converted.