Author Topic: Motorbike - 2001/Y CB500 - £900  (Read 4198 times)

Offline DaBigGinger

• Members
Motorbike - 2001/Y CB500 - £900
« on: September 04, 2011, 08:19:11 pm »
CB500S
2001/Y reg
12 months MOT
6 months tax
£900

I originally bought this bike for commuting to work, but since moving considerably closer to work, I just don't use it anymore. I have just had it MOT'd it and put 6 months tax on. It comes with a Scottoiler fitted and the chain and sprockets have barely done any miles.

Firstly, lets get the bad bits out of the way:
As it has seen a few winters, it's a little scruffy. The paint on the engine casing has peeled a bit and the rear spings are a bit rusty. There are some scratches on the fuel tank which look like someone's been riding it with their jacket open. The seat covering has started to crack slightly and the rev counter doesn't work after a ride in some very heavy rain. Finally, it looks like some monkey has put the top of the forks in a vice. Although it's scored the top of the forks, when having the fork seals changed a couple of years ago, the garage told me it wasn't a problem and they didn't think it would be necessary changing them.

And the good bits:
Although not the most immaculate of bikes, it's a brilliant machine that has never let me down. In the almost four years of ownership, the only thing that has actually needed replacing was the rear brake light switch for my last MOT. Both tyres have heaps of life left in them. It has returned 55mpg constantly throughout the time I've had it and I'm sure will serve someone well.

I'll even chuck in the disc lock  ;)

I'm based in Southampton and looking for £900 for it.

If you want a test ride, please bring the full amount a deposit and check that your insurance covers you.

Here are some pictures below - I think they're all fairly self-explanatory: