Author Topic: Mk4 golf gt tdi 130 pd 6 speed.  (Read 7800 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Mk4 golf gt tdi 130 pd 6 speed.
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:11:14 am »

For more pictures please see the links:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3167730.htm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-GT-TDI-130-pd-6-speed-Fantastic-/110736217634?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c8649622

Price now £3550, with 1 month tax only. No offers...must go but I can't take any less this is my bottom price.

Mk4 golf TDI 130pd 6 speed highline..127k 7 months tax and MOT till next march/april. It passed the last MOT with no advisories.

All the usual, GT tdi seats, air con/climate control electric windows.
I bought this car for its exceptional condition around 18 months ago.  I have continued to keep it in this condition. I am very OCD when it comes to my cars. The spare wheel has not even been used.
Body: 3 door, Storm beige, extremely straight, no rust, never been bumped, has a couple of stone chips but is always praised for its brilliant original paint.  I have fitted xenon HID headlights and have done this to such a high standard that looking into the engine bay you can hardly see anything something that was important to me.  

Mechanicals,
In my ownership it has been lavished with genuine parts and had the following:
Maf sensor (Vag) which will still have approx 12 month VW warranty as they are guaranteed for 24months.
2 Long life oil/filter changes with Synta gold and vag filters including fuel/air filters even within the mileage I have done.
Timing belt and aux belt at vw, including gearbox oil within the last 20k.
Diesel tandum pump (common leak problem) again vag.
new washer jets (vag)
temp sensor (vag)
Dog bone gearbox mount (vag)
all three boost solenoids (vag).
New OEM intercooler and clips to replace leaking old one.
I have cleaned the EGR valve and refitted with new genuine gaskets.  Bunged up EGR valve is another common problem on tdi's.
I have done all these things for peace of mind as they are parts that often fail on these cars and have done so with genuine parts only.

The car has been sensibly remapped in april to approx 160bhp.  It pulls great. I specifically went for a non agressive map as I wanted to keep it economical but also not push the engine to its limit as so many tdi's.  In all fairness I don't often open it up as I respect my cars  but that extra power is great to have there when needed.

It has been professionally fitted with height adjustable coilovers, had the tracking done and have just within the last month fitted two new khumo tyres to the front.  The car has khumos all round on powder coated TT comps.  One wheel I curbed the lip grrr..I have touched it up temp, all the other three have NO curbing whatsoever.  I have been quoted 45 quid to have the curbed one re-done but haven't had time to drop it off.

Interior,
in perfect condition with lovely gt tdi seats, no rips or tears.  Original mats showing some wear but always kept obsessively clean.
Blue tooth/hands free Kenwood headunit and 8 disc cd changer in the boot.  Connects straight to iphone.  Great little additon.  As far as I can tell this was fitted at the dealer or by a pro when new.

Mods,
Black grill/badge
JOM, TUV approved height adjustable coilovers which you could raise if necessary but it does not catch the wheels at this height and rides comfortably.
Black rear badge
Re map mentioned above
17inch TT comps powder coated gloss black.
I am a strong believer in Factory stuff and subtle mods, nothing has been butchered or destroyed on this car, it is all respectfully modded.
All switches inside work, locks and doors and comes with two keys.

Although I have a wallet bursting with VAG receipts I have not paid someone to service this car...I can do it myself, other than the timing belts that were done at VAG other maintenance has been done by me.  When you see the car and wallet of receipts you will feel confident in this.

Problems/issues
The car suffers from a slight kick into 3rd gear if you change gear very quickly.  I have been told that this is slight wear on the second gear syncro.  I have never felt it was bad enough to warrant pulling to bits.  It has been doing this and has not got worse in the 27k I have added to this car but is only occasionally noticeable if you drive the car very fast.  I have  reflected the price with this in mind as I still believe the car to be fantastic condition with a wallet full of genuine replaced parts simply because I am OTT with it.
The car will come with 7 months tax and MOT is till march/april next year..I will need to check the ticket but it is definetly next year around spring.  Please do not hesitate to text or ring with any questions.
Reason for selling, I want something different, a petrol again, something a bit more hands on and not so comforting... please come see the car as you will not be unhappy.
Thanks.  Call Dan on 07714088405
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:00:08 pm by supercharged spaniel »