Author Topic: Corrado seat bases  (Read 6063 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Corrado seat bases
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:06:35 am »
I've got some aftermarket seats I'm about to buy some corrado seat bases to attactch them to because I have been told they are height adjustable and fit straight into a polo.
  Is this true and if I purchase the seat base shown in the picture below and bolt my seats to it will I be able to just slide the polo seats out and slide these in?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:18:42 am by dub-disaster »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Corrado seat bases
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:29:47 am »
corrado seats fit right in the runners of a mk3 polo yes.

The subframes on those seats arent removable though.  I think this will be a cutting and welding job rather than an unbolting and bolting back up job!

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:12 am »
I think it's feasible to swap the base onto the polo seat and retrim with the polo foam and fabric, as all these era seats are very similar. Not something I have first hand experience of though.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:06:43 am »
dont think it is tbh... the bolsters etc are longer

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:10 pm »
 if it involves cutting up the seat bases to remove the frame and grafting them onto my aftermarket seats thats no big deal just thought having the hieght adjustable bases would mean i could get the driving postion where i want it especialy if i have to add anything to the bases which would increase the height.
 thanks for the info guys :)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 01:11:44 pm »
a normal drivers seat from a GT or G40 has height adjustment!

The good thing about corrado seats is they are much lower down which I preferred.  Used to have them in my GT. 

Like pete says, the bolters are quite a bit different from polo ones, not sure the same fabric would fit over.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 01:33:58 pm »
a normal drivers seat from a GT or G40 has height adjustment!
Realy, I thought they only slid fowards and backwards, and reclined!! Not realy worth getting corrado bases then

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 01:52:16 pm »
After having corrado seats in my old polo and having the standard g40 ones in this one my head is constantly hitting the sunroof, when i get buckets ill be using corrado runner because i enjoy the low down driving position. The height adjustment on corrados has much more travel than the polo ones aswell. Rado all the way mate dont bother with the polo frames

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:13:54 pm »
Ditto to what etches said. I've ran Rado seats and much prefer them to polo/ Golf seats, the bolsters are higher, the position is lower, more adjustment, just all round superior seats! Itoo hit my head on the sunroof constantly, Not a prob at the mo as I just open it, haha. I can see it being an issue when the weather goes bad

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »
Got some Rado seat bases to pick up Saturday, just got to figure out how to attach them to my aftermarket seats.