Author Topic: So who watched the F1 at the weekend then?  (Read 4947 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
So who watched the F1 at the weekend then?
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »
anyone else starting to think that it's about as staged as WWE wrestling is?

How the fuck can they give Sebastian Bourdais a 25 second penalty for racing for his position and not just, to quote the man himself in an interview just after the race "roll out the red carpet and let him past?".  Totally ridiculous and these kind of decisions ruin any credibility the sport has. 

It's got to the point where drivers are going to be scared of racing each other because they never know when they are going to be given a penalty for no apparent reason other than to help a certain team out.

I hope Lewis Hamilton can do something good this weekend in China.  Fingers crossed Massa's engine blows up but even then the FIA will probably find it McLarens fault somehow and knock ten points off each of their drivers....

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: So who watched the F1 at the weekend then?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:42:06 pm »
Yep as I said last night its become a farce. Lewis did enough to ruin his own race without the stewards jumping in and helping Massa even more.

I smelt a rat when it said the Massa/Bourdais incident was being investigated after the race had finished. Why? They had plenty of time left in the race to act on it. Very dodgy indeed. F1 has a bad rep as it is and when the racing starts getting interesting they do their best to kill it even more!

Offline pettsy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:39:19 pm »
Anything that happens that may cause ferrari a problem results in penalties etc, yet when ferrari cause problems (massa hitting hamilton/Bourdais pit exit incident) its always the other teams who still get punished   >:(

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:53:20 am »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:26:23 pm »
It seems McLaren and Lewis arent going to win any popularity contests with the rest of the grid at the moment. If I was him I'd just put it down to jealousy. There are some big egos in F1 and they dont like it when the headlines arent about them.

I must admit I will be quite nervous for him watching the race this weekend.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 10:47:21 pm »
I'm a lewis fan all the way. Watched him during practice at silverstone and he was fookin flying. Not just going faster than everyone else, he was pissing all over them - easily!

It does seem that ferrari are giving backhands to someone at the FIA as no matter what they do, they always seem to be better off than everyone else. I'm surprised half the drivers can get their egos into their helmets ffs!

I'd love Lewis to win and then stand on the podium and give everyone else the finger. He has a great skill and its about time that we had an english guy bring the title home.

If he dont win the title because hes given a penalty for something which couldve been sorted better than i'll never watch it again. I'll even result to watching horse racing and i bloody hate that too!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 09:36:11 am »
couldn't fault the lad yesterday!  He totally dominated the whole race.

No way they can find anything to penalise him for either because as soon as the race started no one else saw him until he started lapping cars.  8)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 02:42:18 pm »
shamelessly stolen from this months SniffPetrol:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D