Author Topic: water injection pumps  (Read 2237 times)

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
water injection pumps
« on: July 12, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that the pump i have for my water injection kit has bit the dust. does nothing whatsover when a 12v supply is added. Wheres the best place to buy a new one? found one on the net but that was a race pump for $645! They can f*** right off!

Obvioulsy gonna get the pump checked with a multimeter but in the meantime, i'd rather buy a new one to be on the safe side unless theres a way of getting the system to prime to the pump fires up? I've got it all wired up as per wiring diagram but no joy :(

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
Re: water injection pumps
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:16 pm »
Did you use a car battery for the 12v supply? I only ask because I checked a headlight washer pump with a small 12v power supply and it didn't work. Turns out the power supply was only low current so didn't have the juice to power the pump, it was fine when connected to a battery.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »
I have got a devils own pump if you need one?

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:50:25 pm »
I wired it directly to the car battery to see if it would do anything but not a sausage :( If it was working i'd assume it would make a noise?? Cars finally working again, just need to get the alternator and chip sorted and then get it timed up properly so this would be the last thing on the list. Heatwrap stinks when 1st heated up! lol.

Jezza - how much?