Author Topic: 2001 Ford Focus....Anyone interested in a deal with a G40?  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Mastiff

• Members
2001 Ford Focus....Anyone interested in a deal with a G40?
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »
Hi all

Well my wife has bought a practical family car thus meaning I can now sell my car so I can buy a G40.....A car I have longed for since they first came out!

Before I start my ad' I must say if anyone has a G40 for sale and is in need of a practical cheap to own car then I am sure we can come to a deal.....With money from me if the G40 is a good one.

So my car....

Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec ESP Estate in sapphire blue

First registered in 04/01/01
MOT till February 22nd 2012
Tax till December 2011
Full Ford service history
1 previous owner (Chap in his late 60's)
In excellent condition inside and out, the back seats were never even sat in until I bought the car!

The service history is incredible with all the stamps in the service book....

As follows....

Godfrey Davis (Ford dealership) mileage, 3,962 on the 27/6/01
CD Bramall Ford....Milage 14,266 on the 18/07/02
CD Bramall Ford....Mileage 29,510 on the 29/4/03
CD Bramall Ford....Mileage 39,452 on the 12/4/04
CD Bramall Ford....Mileage 51,243 on the 5/1/05
Evans Halshaw Ford....Mileage 75,770 on the 4/10/06
Evans Halshaw Ford....Mileage 86,846 on the 4/12/07 (Cambelt replaced on this service using a genuine Ford belt)
Evans Halshaw Ford....Mileage 96,746 on the 3/1/09
Carserv UK.... Mileage 105,720 on the 22/1/10
Carserv UK....Mileage 113,577 on the 19/01/11

I have done the following with all receipts in the past 1,000 miles..... New HT leads, Bosch Super 4 plugs, OE Airfilter, OE oil filter, Oil being Castrol Magnatec fully synthetic 5/30. New discs and pads front and rear, Extreme Brilliance bulbs at £25.99 each, rocker cover gasket, TB cleaned as well as all breather pipes. Airbox modification with direct feed. My car made 133bhp on the rollers the other week so a very nice and healthy engine considering they are 130bhp as standard.

Apart from the discreet airbox modification she is totally standard.
Her original Ford 16" alloys are all in fantastic condition with not scrapes or chunks taken out and are all on the same make of tyre being Yokohama. Both rears have 6mm tread and both fronts have 5mm tread.

Her creature comforts include....

Heated front and rear screens
Freezing cold aircon....(Re-gassed last August)
Ford 6000 CD headunit with a connection for a multi-changer if need be.
Anti locking brakes
ESP which is basically traction control. This really is fantastic but can be turned off by a touch of a button by the handbrake if for some reason you don't want it on!
Central locking off the key
Remote boot off the key or can be done from inside the car
Electric windows
Drivers and passenger airbags (Don't know if these would be classed as a creature comfort as its the only extra on the car I have really never wanted to try!)

As from her history above and having one owner from new you can tell she has been very well loved. I have all the original handbooks in their folder and also a folder full of receipts of all work that has been carried out over her years that total to over £5,000! This includes all the Ford service receipts, tyres, cv boots, bulbs.....The previous owner kept every receipt for my car....It has to be seen to be believed!

I am going to advertise her on here for £1,550 ono....But to be honest would prefer to do a deal with a member selling a G40.

I can honestly say you really will be hard pushed by to find a 2001 Ford Focus 2.0 ESP Zetec in her condition as well as all her history with only 1 previous owner.

She drives like new, no unwanted noises, pulls well in all gears and stops in a straight line.  Parkers guides quote my car doing 0-60 in 8.9 and onto a top speed of 125mph.  I get 33-34mpg around town and over 40mpg on a run.

Now for the pics....

I live in Bletchley, Milton Keynes. (MK2)

Any questions, please ask. I can be also be contacted at  paul_bryant@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

Paul.