Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 2338 times)

Offline matthg40

• Members
Advice please
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:06:27 pm »
Afternoon all quick question i brought a shell off a dude on eBay and it turns out it's a cat c write off but it's immaculate.now it needs a vic test and it's partly my fault as I didn't hpi check it so the question I want to ask is because the dude never stated it was a cat c write off on eBay can I report him to eBay.plus would you trust a cat c car many thanks Matt

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:54 pm »
how come it needs a vic test?

Anyway, you can try reporting it to ebay as it definitely isn't as described.  Nothing to lose!

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 01:40:48 pm »
Because the dude never got it tested after it got it's cat c status so apparently I need to do vic to get the car back on road

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:06:43 pm »
unless the law's changed as far as I knew it's down to the buyer to ask. If you ask if its had an accident and he says no, but it has then he's in the wrong, but if you don't ask he legally doesn't have to tell you.
Although as it's only a shell I don't know how that'd affect it. there's loads of weird laws around buying car stuff, like the V5 doesn't prove you own the vehicle, you're just legally responsible for it, etc.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 02:39:53 pm »
I did ask he said not to his knowledge

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 02:54:14 pm »
If he owned it at the time then it's a blatant lie! You tried contacting the owner previous to him? Perhaps they could tell you if they told him, etc.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 03:32:38 pm »
There's only bin two owners and he's had the car 12 years and it was crashed 9 years ago

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:33:31 pm »
Well, if it were me I'd be wanting proof of his amnesia :D or tell him what you want to do to resolve it, perhaps if he covers the cost of the VIC check then everybody's happy?