Author Topic: Road tax question  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Boris

• Members
Road tax question
« on: July 01, 2011, 07:37:58 am »
Can't be arsed to phone the dvla.

Car currently sorn'd, but buying tax online today. Would I be ok to put a note in the window saying the tax is in the post or will I still get a ticket for not having the actual disk shown?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Road tax question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 08:19:04 am »
There's a five day grace period where you don't have to display the tax disc while it comes in the post

Offline Boris

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:36 am »
That's what I hoped to hear. :). Cheers

Offline gavin.starr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 12:13:06 pm »
Just don't park anywhere where parking wardens are about often. As they will just see that you have no tax disk in the window and clamp you without thinking about it. You then get a clamp and an A4 sized sticker on you window saying untaxed vehicle.

I had it happen to me whilst my tax disk was in the post, I rang the number to get the clamp removed but they wouldn't do so without proof that the vehicle had been taxed. So I the had to do alot of running about to get the DVLA to call the clamping firm to tell them to remove it.

Which took 2 days. I was almost at the point of punching some one I was getting that peed off, and my car was'nt in the best part of town either. I was close to cutting the bloody thing off myself.

Gav

Offline Boris

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 10:23:00 pm »
Thanks mate, I got the impression through other forums that what you say would happen.  Luckily, my insurance note came through on fri so I was able to get the disc from the post office. Good info for anyone else who was thinking of doing that though :)